Hotel, flip flops, and gifts

Archived Dreams from 2017
Victorious
Gold Member

Hotel, flip flops, and gifts

Post by Victorious »

This seemed like a very encouraging dream! Seeking confirmation on the meaning.

• We (me & my kids) were staying at a hotel or resort.
• We were in room 9.
• What we were doing there is vague, but, but seemed to have something to do with church. Other people there knew us and which room we were in.
• I seem to recall something about a wolf coming after us but can't remember at what point in the dream.
• At one point, I stepped out of the shower with a towel wrapped around me, and for some reason, both of my teenagers snapped a pic of me at the same time. Everyone was laughing and happy.
• At another point, the man in the room next to ours walked right in and across the room to get his clothes from the drawer.
• Then my husband came to pick us up, and asked if we left anything in the room. I said the kids had packed everything so I went back in to check, and found about 30 pairs of kids flip flops. I gathered them all with help from one of my kids.
• Next we were in a different room, and I asked my husband if the kids would know we changed rooms; he said they would know. I think it was room 19.
• Then my husband and I were being honored at a banquet and presented with all kinds of beautiful gifts, which we were opening in front of a crowd, such as China tea sets and fancy coffee mug sets. I noticed everything was decorated very ornately with pink and/or Christmas designs. There was also a woman who gave me a Clinique gift bag; this seemed significant as she showed it to me twice.
• I thought how amazing it was for us to be in this position (I said which position, but I don't remember) and to receive so much honor and respect and so many wonderful gifts.
• One gift in particular that I examined closely was a pink wooden file box like the blue one on my kitchen counter, only smaller. And instead of holding mail and paperwork, it held various activities to do at the family dinner table, such as stories to read, games to play, etc.
Victorious
Gold Member

Re: Hotel, flip flops, and gifts

Post by Victorious »

Last week, I had another hotel dream, where I was given more than I expected...
• My husband was driving, and we pulled up to a hotel. He dropped me off at the lobby to see if any rooms were available.
• Inside, it was obviously a century or so old building, due to the architecture, but it was very nice - clean and updated.
• The receptionist was very friendly. For some reason, instead of asking if any rooms were available, I asked if there were any magazines.
• She led me through the hotel down a hallway to the staff dining room, where she presented me with all the magazines I wanted. She had me sit at a round dining table with a couple of older ladies and she honored me with a dinner. It was very fancy, with fine food, white tablecloth, lit candles, flowers, etc. They older ladies were from England, and we had a wonderful meal with great conversation.
• The whole time, I was noticing other people walking around the staff area of this hotel. Everyone seemed very happy and most were dressed very casually (shorts and t-shirts) and I thought "I could work here."
• Then I remembered I was supposed to find a hotel room.
• Next I went to the elevator and was trying to figure out how to use it because it wasn't a normal elevator. The doorman told me twice he could help me.
• I needed to go to the fourth floor. This seemed significant, and I thought I had to go to the fourth floor in the other dream - even while dreaming I was thinking I had to go to the fourth floor in another dream and it was very significant.
• The elevator was very large and colorful, psychedelic even. Reminded me of something out of Willie Wonka's chocolate factory. I was very curious about it and examined it carefully. There were lots of metal bars in the walls, that I could tell were seats to pull out. I had to sit on the floor, it was such a wild ride.
Victorious
Gold Member

Re: Hotel, flip flops, and gifts

Post by Victorious »

As I was just re-reading that last part about it being a "wild ride" I realized that for several days now (after the second hotel dream), God has been ministering to me with the Jesus Culture song, "Come Away" especially the line, "it's gonna be wild" ...