Water, cobwebs, and a Little Girl

Archived Dreams from 2017
RevK
Diamond Member

Water, cobwebs, and a Little Girl

Post by RevK »

Dream: Walked out the back door of an old house. An old woman was sitting in the backyard towards the side. Apparently it most of rained because she was sitting in a lawn chair, and the water was up to her shoulders. She just sat there.
The back porch was strewn with objects couldn't make out, except an old motorcycle.
I turned around to go inside, and a small dog snapped at my feet.. Not friendly at all.
There were many rooms, dark and old. Only two really stood out. Dark, cold and damp rooms. It appeared I was trying to fix the place up, what looked to be an impossible thing to do.
I was in a bedroom and there was this bed that talked. I went and laid down on it for a moment and it jiggled and said something. I rebuked what it said and a bubble like thing came off the mattress and attached to my tongue. I was scared for a moment, then I said "No you don't'! Rebuked it and it came off.
I went to another bedroom and a little girl was sitting on the floor, she was playing with her dollhouse, which was by another window full of cobwebs. I tried to help her. She looked distant and alone.
I looked outside and a woman with dark black hair and a man were staring up at me.. (End)
Thank you for reading, if you have input, I would appreciate it!
Starfire
Gold Member

Re: Water, cobwebs, and a Little Girl

Post by Starfire »

I would say you are delving into your past with the intent of making sense of or overcoming issues that your faced then.The woman underwater is overwhelmed. She apparently doesn't know or doesn't care to stand up and get out of the water.
The dog is telling you that this is not a place you belong any longer.
The bed is secrets that have haunted you....thoughts or things said that you struggled with, but now know to rebuke. They still attempt to take control over you, but you realize that they are residue of the enemy's impact in your life. Clearly it is offering you no/little rest.
The little girl is the person who tried to ignore all that was happening around her to the point that she had to tune out much of life itself.
The cobwebs again showing it is things past that are still very present.
Last the woman & man staring at you....you are trying to look beyond the home representing all the challenges the enemy has put in your past, but you are intimidated into just staying where you are (as the little girl did). You are seeking to put it all in context and see beyond the circumstances and their influence, but (the enemy) doesn't want that and is trying to remind you "who you are"...again...a little girl trapped in a home she cannot escape except by tuning out all the good stuff as well as the bad. You need to rebuke that as well and take command of your thoughts.
Bottom line is that you are seeing your reflection in the enemy (past difficulties) rather than who you are as a child of the MOST HIGH GOD.
The enemy will only quit when you "cast down all imaginations" (thoughts that are misleading you) and rebuke the enemy with the full authority given you by your Lord, Jesus. You owe him nothing and quite possibly cannot fix what was wrong, you can only move on in Christ as you did when you rebuked the bed. You are a NEW creation. It's OK to let the "old man" go and walk into the glorious SONshine.

I hope this has some meaning to you.
Hugs and blessings, Starfire