Hotel Stay

Dreams and visions to be interpreted
lynadvs
Silver Member

Hotel Stay

Post by lynadvs »

In this dream I was at this big elaborate hotel trying to find a room to stay in. Although the hotel itself was fancy and elaborate... the rooms were not fancy at all. The thing is that I needed a room to stay in but I was trying to avoid having to pay for the room. I found my self going from room to room to stow away in but people would check in to their rooms I would have to leave. There was one where I had gotten very comfortable and was on my way to sleep.... then I heard a couple at the door letting themselves in. I quickly got up and gathered my thing and left as they were entering. Then there was someone present telling me that there were three empty room available and one of the three was on the tenth floor. I remember saying that I would take the one on the tenth floor.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Re: Hotel Stay

Post by bjcollin »

Luke 8:57-58 As they were going along the road, someone said to Him, “I will follow You wherever You go.” 58 And Jesus said to him, “The foxes have holes and the birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head.”

I feel that this dream is saying that there is a temporary situation going on that is bothering you and not allowing you to rest comfortably in your spirit, and you are trying to avoid paying the price for this problem as well. God's answer to this is found in the process of the journey, keep going and do not grow weary. Hope this helps.

in Christ,
PastorJKG
Platinum Member

Post by PastorJKG »

When I read it I was seeing something and then Brother BJ wrote what I was thinking. also Ten is also the number of the law. It could be there is a lack of understanding of the depths of grace which gives true rest.

Hope this helps
PastorJKG
barny

Post by barny »

Hello lynadvs,

It not not my intention to confuse you or anyone else here. I do not intend to know what you are thinking, feeling or question your faith. This is a meek application of my understanding.

Your dream was very compelling and symbolic. 

Here is what came up for me. 
The hotel may represent a house and/or dwelling. A dwelling is a structure that is both a physical structure for dwelling but also a place to dwell. The act of dwelling. That dwelling is located in the territory/land marked out by GOD.

“If the LORD your God enlarges your territory, as he promised on oath to your ancestors, and gives you the whole land he promised them.”
Deuteronomy 19:8

The territory/land of the mind.

"I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living"
Psalm 27:13

“Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.”
Philippians 4:8

Like a stage, the mind is where the actors, i.e. your mind, soul and spirit play out the plot. The plot of the connivance of our wills. The will of GOD and the will of man. All of this plays out in a genius loci. A place. 

“Your beauty and love chase after me every day of my life. I’m back home in the house of GOD for the rest of my life.” 
Psalm 23:6

“So that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love.” 
Ephesians 3:17

“For GOD was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in Him.” 
Colossians 1:19

The ornate, elaborate, ostentatious or prodigious nature of the hotel may also represent your spirit. The spirit a capsuling expression of space, volume that accommodates the assessment of drama.

“The Spirit of GOD has made me; the breath of the Almighty gives me life.” 
Job 33:4

“Into your hands I commit my Spirit; deliver me, Lord, my faithful GOD.” 
Psalm 31:5

“I will give them an undivided heart and put a new Spirit in them; I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh.” 
Ezekiel 11:19

The rooms located in the hotel may represent your heart and soul.

“Love the Lord your GOD with all your heart and soul and with all your strength.” 
Deuteronomy 6:5

“And now, Israel, what does the Lord your GOD ask of you but fear the Lord your GOD, to walk in obedience to him, to love him, to serve the Lord your GOD with all your heart and soul.”
Deuteronomy 10:12

To continue the analogy of the hotel being your spirit, the rooms your soul and the territory your mind. The aspect of vacancy may represent the internal struggle we all have between the dichotomy of the earthly, of this world. And our soul. And the spirit, of GOD or divine. The fallen soul ever attempting to aspire to match the magnificence of the redeemed Spirit. For where there is aspiration there is room for improvement. There must be space or vacancy for this to occur. Our earthly nature aspiring to be the Spirit of the Kingdom. And with that there is a sentiment of vacancy, for there is always room to improve for that is growth. I think of it as Holiness.

“As obedient children, do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance, but as he who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, since it is written, “You shall be holy, for I am holy.”
1 Peter 1:14-16

That is our inspiration to be Christ like. To walk with the Lord our GOD. That is why faith is so integral to our intentionality. The worldly at odds with itself over the lofty examples of Christ. The drag between what is seen versus that which is unseen.

“So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.”
2 Corinthians 4:18

The price that you were struggling within yourself to pay my represent your evaluation of your self worth. 

“No mortal comprehends it’s worth.” 
Job 28:13

Maybe the price you were unwilling to pay for the room is the price of reconciliation of your soul with your Spirit. And may represent sense of self worth, significance. That is why you were going from room to room. Looking for respite, cessation from the pressure, encumbrance from the struggle between soul and spirit. 

The “people” or occupants, denizens may represent your thoughts.

“Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.” Romans 12:2

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways.” 
Isaiah 55:8

The aspect that these people were crowding you and making you move from one room to the next may represent you thought life. You are thinking about something. Perhaps something of great significance. Or something of great worth to you. Something important. 

Also the perturbing, unsettling aspect of the occupants, or people, may represent a strategy of the enemy. Trying to invade your territory. The territory of the mind. For the enemy is forever prowling like a hungry lion. Seeking to devour.

“Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.”
1 Peter 5:8

“For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of GOD, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.”
2 Corinthians 10:3-5

A very positive aspect of this dream may be that when you went to a higher floor. You are rising, inclining to be above, raised with this. Perhaps your mind is being renewed by the spirit. That will bless you mind, soul and heart as well.

“Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.”
Roman 12:2

In closing I would like to thank you for reading

Your friend in Christ
Barny
See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forces of this world rather than on Christ.
Colossians 2:8

Fight the good fight
lynadvs
Silver Member

Post by lynadvs »

There is something that has been bothering me off and on. Though I know it is just a temporary situation, it does cause me to become restless at times. I have to constantly remind myself not to worry about what tomorrow will bring...but to seek first the Kingdom of God and all his righteousness!

Thanks!