church filled with manure

Dreams and visions to be interpreted
PastorJKG
Platinum Member

church filled with manure

Post by PastorJKG »

Several years ago I dreamt I was standing in the middle of the sanctuary of a church facing the pulpit area. There was a great pile of manure a couple of feet thick in places. I walked closer to see about removing the manure. I saw a plastic shovel that appeared to be toy like in construction stuck in the manure but broken off like someone had begun trying to remove the waste but failed and gave up. Then I saw a door in the floor. When I opened it there was two water hoses. Each hose had a wooden spout about a foot long. The spouts were square shaped but hollow so the water could flow through. I turned the water on and as I started spraying the manure, I noticed it was going quickly out a window to my left behind the pulpit area.

IRL Some time latter a church came available, I tried out for it and got it. It is a small Church of God in NC. A short time after coming here I was in prayer one day in the sanctuary about the place I was in the dream and it came to me that this was the church in my dream. I have some ideas about the meaning but also realize that our own dreams are often the hardest to interpret because of our closeness to the real life situations. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Re: church filled with manure

Post by bjcollin »

I love pastoral dreams. My own senior pastor was telling me his dream he had before he took on this church where we are serving at now. His dream was about fire in a church and then finding coins in the ashes after the fire. When he took the church a few years back, the people were burned out and the coins represented the congregants who were the valuables coming out of the ashes to be restored.

Now to your dream. The toy shovel is a play toy that could never do the cleanup job required of it. The last Pastors there either were not properly equipped for that job that was needed or they were needed elsewhere for what they were required to do. I hear the term Square peg in a round hole for the wooden waterspouts, probably means you are not conforming to this particular churches ideals or what their old vision was which is ok as you allow the spirit to flow naturally which is what was needed for this job. Two meaning multiply or that it is a job where you need a helper, spouse or copastor, etc. The water comes from the foundations of the church who is Jesus. The water is the Word as well as the Holy Spirit who is the only one who can do the work required. It is the God and the Holy Spirit who removes the crud out of our lives Psalm 40:1-2. Hope this helps.

If I have not said it anywhere before, I’ll say it now... THANK YOU for being a part of this dream board and taking your time with the dreams. I appreciate you and your ministry here. It has been a real help.

In Christ,
PastorJKG
Platinum Member

Post by PastorJKG »

Thank you for responding Brother. What you saw really bears witness with my spirit. I am so grateful for this website. Before Face Book it was the only place I had to use and grow in my gift. Thank you for keeping it going. Your brother in Christ.
Sincerely James Garner.
hishandmaiden

Post by hishandmaiden »

Greetings,

This is what I was impressed with when I read your dream. Since it has been several years ago, it may only be a confirmation of what God has already revealed to you.

There came a major defilement in the church - Manure - a "couple of feet thick" has been piling up a long time

Plastic shovel - tool used not adequate for the job. Needed something more heavy duty

Wood spout ( not compatible with water) . wood is representative of idolatry or human nature.

square shape spout - not the normal shape for a hose.

2 hoses. - 2 previous attempts to cleanse Gods house before?

first hose tried to cleanse didn't work . 2nd hose brought in. Did not work either, so door was closed.
The third person, you, came in opened the door and turned on the hose. It worked and the manure left. The manure went behind the pulpit and out the window.

Who stands behind the pulpit.? the minister
What cleanses the manure/defilement? Water. . Ephesians 5:26 Christ sanctifies the church with the washing of the water of the word of God.

Perhaps reading all of Ephesians 5 may bring further clarification as to what caused the defilement in the first place.