Trying to escape

Dreams and visions to be interpreted
PastorJKG
Platinum Member

Trying to escape

Post by PastorJKG »

I had a dream several years ago that has stuck with me but iv'e never really understood it. I was at the place I was working at the time. I was in a truck trailer at the loading dock of the warehouse. I was digging through the side of the trailer to make an escape. I got through the side and began to run across a field. The field seemed to be a plowed field. As I was running the words came into my mind very strongly, "They will fire one warning shot and then they will shoot to kill". The thought of being shot caused me to stop running and go back. I went into a different department than the one i actually worked in. There was a woman there who seemed to be disappointed that I had tried to run away. She had a piece of paper that said something good about me but now it seemed to be worthless because I had tried to escape.

I tried to escape but stayed. I didn't actually leave but brought trouble on myself anyway. I lost favor that I had but didn't know I had. Any insight would be appreciated.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Re: Trying to escape

Post by bjcollin »

PastorJKG,

Were you working at this past job while also pastoring at the time, or was it a job that you had before going full time into the ministry? To me this seems like a fear dream that was meant to get you to stop from escaping that place of employment. Just the first thoughts I had on the dream, what were you going through at the time you had the dream or what happened in your life immediately following the dream? I think that once you find what you were doing at the time, you will know more on this dream and it will be revealed to you. Sorry not more specific, but I hope it helps. Maybe somebody else will get some other ideas on the dream. God Bless you guys in your services tomorrow.

in Christ,
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

Shalom PastorJKG!

Some thoughts that came to mind after reading your dream. That you were trying to escape seemed like somehow you knew that there was something better outside of this place without really knowing what that something was. Trying to dig a hole through a trailer--maybe a literal picture showing that you feel stuck in a box? The thought of what could happen if you kept running could symbolize all the fears or things you think could possibly go wrong if you stuck with the decision to leave. Plowed field could represent a cultivated (maybe fabricated?) environment since the business owner imo would be the one who determines what is sown. Being marked by your actions and looked at unfavorably- your attempt to escape caused them to think of you as a possible threat to the business. Your dream reminds me of the two kingdoms, the one of this world and God's Kingdom and Isaiah 55:8-9.

Grace as you seek His Truth.
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.
Chambers
Gold Member

Post by Chambers »

Hello again.

In addition to the insightful offerings i wanted to add this.

It does appear that along with the fear, misunderstanding is a theme.

Do you know why you were trying to escape?

I wonder if it is due to not realizing that you were actually looked upon favorably. You apparently had no idea.

Maybe the "being shot" thought in head is more about misunderstandings and fear.

Maybe this person whom you lost favor with also has some misunderstandings, possibly misinterpreting your actions.

Maybe im reading more into it than there is.

What i notice about a couple dreams of yours is that feelings of self-conscience and inadequacy appear to surface. Havent read them all, but from what i remember.

Going to say something that may or may not be relevant. I think sometimes as Christians we are so focused on relying on God foremost that we can disregard the important role relationships with each other also play. Maybe she should have told you you were appreciated, etc. Maybe you should have told her, or another, how you felt.

We should never disregard God first, but i believe God will at times stand back and let these relationships run its course to grow us in our relationship with each other.

And, sometimes he gives us dreams and visions to give us insights as to what may be going on with others.

The plowed field may possibly be how they are in the process of receiving seed. Keep thinking of that verse to plow the hard ground of our hearts.

Again, maybe i read more into it than there is, but overall i see the main themes as fear and misunderstandings. Maybe for you to not jump to conclusions. I'm not in approval of what she did, just possibly it letting you know not to jump to conclusions.

I think a big key in the dream may be understanding why you were trying to escape, if you know. Don't have to share, I'm just saying.