Old workplace

Dreams and visions to be interpreted
dance-in-the-son
Diamond Member

Old workplace

Post by dance-in-the-son »

I keep having dreams where I’m working at a place where I worked many years ago. It’s at the hospital in an office environment. I’m in the process of physically moving files and documents to another location. When I get there it seems like there won’t be enough space for all of the boxes, etc. But I’m thinking, maybe there won’t be as much as I think there will be. I’m not sure if it will just be a certain portion of it. I’m talking to the manager of the office to make sure they have enough room for my stuff and they said yes.
Dance...
You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing.
You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy,
that I might sing praises to you and not be silent.
O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever!
Psalm 30:11-12
bjcollin
Site Owner

Re: Old workplace

Post by bjcollin »

I've got 2 ideas on this dream, and they are polar opposites in ideas so bear with me... the first one is equating the boxes to luggage, i.e. what baggage (cares, wounds, grievances) are you holding onto or trying to bring forward from that time into today? What do you need to release to the Lord to receive healing on from that time? The second idea is equating the boxes to skills and abilities gained from your past experiences, and the answer is yes that those will be applicable to what you are transitioning to do now. Sorry, just some ideas at this point, nothing concrete. Did you have other different dreams that supported these dreams or were there any differences between the same repetitive dreams? Hope this helps some.

in Christ,
dance-in-the-son
Diamond Member

Yes, there were previous dreams that were different but the same job/boss. The other dreams were regarding how much work we had to do, lots of paperwork. We were going to be very busy, discussing details of the job.
Dance...
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

My wife used to work in a hospital office and also in a doctors office as well. From what she has told me about it, I am familiar with it and it seems to be a lot of interesting paperwork and communications that goes on in that type of environment. So let's try to narrow the dream down then... what type of work do you do now days? Is it in a related area as well? What I am trying to get at is how is this past place of employment in your dream connected to something you are doing today whether employment or ministry or in life in general?
dance-in-the-son
Diamond Member

Actually, I’m not employed and I watch my grandson. I am part of a home group, we do Bible study and anything the Lord asks us to do. I’ve been kind of non-active lately.
Dance...
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

ok, so this dream now seems to be related and inter-twined with the car keys dream that PastorJKG replied to in the other thread.

I was reminded of this type of situation yesterday in our Sunday school class... The question we had in the class was pertaining to the topic of Discipleship and it was something along the lines of what did you do earlier in life that prepared you for what you are now doing in life? For myself, I am an Engineer/Pastor in my early 50's hopefully nearing retirement age in a few years, but the couple I was talking with was and Engineer and his wife who were in their 60's, already retired and now they are living life in an RV in an itinerant traveling type of ministry. So they have went on the road from the Dakotas to AZ first, and they are now in TX for these past few months and they help out other ministries like Habitat for Humanity and Teen Challenge with their building projects. The point with the question was what did God do to disciple or prepare them for that type of ministry that they are in now....

With this dream of the past hospital employer, and with the car keys dream, they both seem to be linked with this idea of wanting to do more for God now that you are in the retired age. The hospital environment is often equated to the modern Church today (whether it be as big as a church with a building or as small and intimate as a homegroup cell group type of bible study church) as there are always hurting people who need our help and who need inner healing from past hurts. We cannot escape this type of ministry no matter whether we are just starting out in our Christian walk as youngins, or whether we are seasoned grandparents in our retirement years.

Hope this helps.

in Christ,
psalm23

Post by psalm23 »

Hi, I think your dream relates to all your gifts, your knowledge and experience in ministry in the past. Your Boss (God) says "YES" he can and will use you again in ministry. Maybe the Lord is preparing you for a new ministry, or reviving a old ministry you served in with a fresh anointing.

God Bless you,
Psalm23