Drinking A Glass of Moscato

Dreams and visions to be interpreted
ispeaktheword
Gold Member

Drinking A Glass of Moscato

Post by ispeaktheword »

Hello,

I had a glass of Moscato wine in my hand. It was sweet and delicious. I drank every drop. I remember it was morning time and I was walking through a row of people sitting in a church. I had the wine glass in my hand and I was holding my breath as I walked by them because I didn't want anyone to smell the wine.

IRL I'll drink a glass of wine occasionally - not very often. When I do it's Moscato because I enjoy the taste of it.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Blessings,
Ispeaktheword
bella
Diamond Member

Re: Drinking A Glass of Moscato

Post by bella »

Do you tend to hide the fact that you enjoy a glass of wine every now and then, from other Christians, because you're concerned about the backlash?

If so, go with what scripture says about it:
It's ok to drink wine. In fact Paul told Timothy he needed to for his health.
If it causes your brother or sister to stumble then don't do it in front of them.
If their behaviour causes you to stumble they shouldn't be doing it either.
You can drink, but don't get drunk ... it leads to debauchery.

And finally:
Enjoy your moscato.
ispeaktheword
Gold Member

Post by ispeaktheword »

Hi Bella!

Amen! To answer your question yes, I do feel like I'll be judged for drinking wine ocassionally.

I don't buy wine and bring it home. I'll have one glass if I go out to dinner.

The scriptures you mentioned are ones that I live by. Thank you for taking the time to respond to my dream and for confirming those scriptures.

Blessings,
Ispeaktheword
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

You're welcome :D
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

I do not judge you if you decide that a glass of moscato is fine for you every now and then. As was pointed out by Bella, there are Bible verses to support the position and that is fine. For me personally I gave up drinking over 20 years ago and have not regretted it since. To me as an ordained minister I take more of a my body is the temple of the Holy Spirit holiness/sanctification approach to it from 2 Corinthians 7:1 - "Therefore, since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God." When I went into the ministry school at CFNI we had a no alcohol contract that we had to sign. For the most part I had been a very occasional social drinker back in my college days, I think I could count the number of drinks I had each year on one hand, but to me I knew it was just the Holy Spirit talking to me about my witness for Him at the time. A few years later my wife had similar feelings having dreams that were very similar to the one you had and having feelings of being watched and judged by others in the church. At the time she came to the conclusion that if there was nothing wrong with it, then why did she feel the need to hide it like only having a drink on a vacation cruise where nobody knew us or to avoid others in the church because of it. So, she felt it was the Holy Spirit convicting her and she likewise gave up drinking a few short years after I did. Which ever way you choose on this topic is perfectly fine. I just offer the option that this dream could be the Holy Spirit offering you another viewpoint on the issue.

in Christ,
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

Re: the wine--interesting that you drank it at church. Maybe it's about the New Wine Jesus spoke of? Could speak of something new that you enjoy coming your way possibly? For myself, I find change happens internally (a new thought) and then manifests externally as I take that new thought and walk it out. Grace as you run your race.
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.
ispeaktheword
Gold Member

Post by ispeaktheword »

Hi Bj,

Thank you so much for sharing you and your wife's experience and conviction on drinking alcohol. I will ask the Lord to reveal to me if an occasional glass of wine is not pleasing to him. ☺️

Kelani - Thank you for putting a different spin on the interpretation of the dream. I'm definitely waiting on the new. I've been in a long season (8 years) of trials back to back and I pray 🙏🏽 this will be the year of new beginnings.

Thank you both for your thoughts on my dream.

Blessings,
Ispeaktheword