Spilt perfume and orange tree

Dreams and visions to be interpreted
sophie
Gold Member

Spilt perfume and orange tree

Post by sophie »

Hi
Would Le to hear your thoughts on this dream please

I can’t remember everything in this dream, but I remember holding a bottle of perfume and spilt some on the table I was standing next to and a pastor at the church I used to attend, wiped it up, there was still some perfume left in the bottle though.Then the scene changed and he was showing me his orange tree and so I showed him my orange tree. Both trees were young , so were quite small. I noticed his was a little larger than mine and had slightly more oranges on it. The scene changed again and the pastor was playfully throwing oranges at me and I noticed some were partially peeled.

Thank you
Gal.2:20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
keilani
Site Moderator

Re: Spilt perfume and orange tree

Post by keilani »

Hi Sophie, I pray this finds you well. Just wondering, where you able to smell the perfume? And if so, what did it smell like? Also wondering if you felt any emotion in the dream. Have some thoughts, but was hoping to hear your responses.
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.
sophie
Gold Member

Post by sophie »

Hi keilani

No I couldn’t smell the perfume and I don’t recall feeling any emotion in the dream. May be if I’d spilt all the perfume I would have felt some sadness, but I remember looking at the bottle after I’d spilt it and it was still about half full.

Blessings
Gal.2:20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Sophie,

I am not sure where Keilani is headed with her interpretation yet. I have some separate thoughts... The spilled perfume reminded me of the verses about the woman with the alabaster jar who poured out her perfume on Jesus and was falsely accused of wasting it. (Ref: Matthew 26:6-13, Mark 14:3-9) The orange trees comparison is about fruit or being fruitful. So I think the overall message of the dream is that there was an unknown or unintentional wasting of praise and worship or anointing in the past, however don't be alarmed as there was still some good fruit that came from that past time. Just reflect back and inspect or peal back the skin so to speak and examine the fruit that came out of that time. It is ok to be young, that is when we are still learning. Hope these thoughts help on the dream.

in Christ,
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

Mahalo for the reply Sophie! I asked because I wondered if the perfume smelled like oranges and was asking God how it tied to the orange trees.

To add to bj's offering, the trees did make me think of being fruitful. The thoughts I had regarding the dream was about joy--having joy no matter what may be going on. Young children (ie. young trees) do this, more so imo than adults who are used to bearing the weight of responsibility and fear/worry of making mistakes or wrong choices.

What I love about God is that He wastes nothing. Even "accidents" or things we perceive as failures (ie. spilled perfume) are used by Him to teach us His Love for us, His Grace and His ability to right anything in our lives, no matter what it may be. Also, bj referenced the woman who spilled her perfume on Jesus's feet, I did wonder if the spilled perfume was symbolic of your life being poured out for Him.

Oh--the pastor made me think of The Great Shepherd. His Tree being a bit bigger than yours but being like yours--that as you continue to walk with Him, you will grow to be like Him...fun, playfulness and joy included! That some of his oranges were partially peeled, maybe an invitation to eat from his tree? Grace and fullness of understanding to you.
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.
sophie
Gold Member

Post by sophie »

Bj and keilani

Thanks so much for your encouraging input. I can relate to some of the things you mentioned and it’s good to hear confirmation :)

God bless!