Putting Grease on Hair

Questions about dreams and symbols
Missyjojo88
Platinum Member

Putting Grease on Hair

Post by Missyjojo88 »

A few weeks ago, I woke up from my sleep to I hear the still small voice of God say, " Stop putting grease on your hair." I've been trying to figure out what grease represents in my life that is displeasing God and I can't figure it out. I know it's a corrupt form of holy oil which represents the anointing. If anybody get anything more from this, please let me know.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Re: Putting Grease on Hair

Post by bjcollin »

Hair is always an interesting dream symbol. Doing a Bible search on hair turned up 99 references, but here are a few that are more applicable...

Numbers 6:5-19 - To a Nazarite, the hair represented their dedication unto the Lord

Proverbs 16:31, 20:29 - Grey hair is a crown of splendor; it is attained in the way of righteousness and the splendor of the old. Basically grey hair denotes wisdom in righteousness.

1 Corinthians 11:14-15 - if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For long hair is given to her as a covering.

1 Timothy 2:9 and 1 Peter 3:3 - talk about not having elaborate hairstyles. Basically meaning work on your inner beauty and not the outter.

I think your first inclination to say that, putting grease on your hair represents a corrupt form of anointing, might have better meaning to you locally in whatever church situation you are currently in. Many times when the Lord puts a thought about something like this forward to us, it is better to go with it first.

Hope this helps some.

in Christ,
Missyjojo88
Platinum Member

Re: Putting Grease on Hair

Post by Missyjojo88 »

Thanks for the insight.