Elies Horse Dream

Dreams and visions to be interpreted
bjcollin
Site Owner

Elies Horse Dream

Post by bjcollin »

My wife Elie had the following dream 2 nights in a row...

The dream starts with her being outside in a ranch type of area in the wilderness. She knows she is with somebody because she can hear their voice, but they are unseen in the dream. She hears the sound of galloping horses nearby and the horses are getting closer to her. She sees 3 horse heads so she thinks that there are 3 horses coming toward her. There was a first white horse that arrived to her a little bit earlier than the other horses. When the second brown horse arrived, she saw that the third black horse head had been severed, but it was rope attached to the brown horse and it was weighing him down and he wanted to be free of the decapitated horse head. The horses were wild/spooked when they arrived and they were previously running fast in the wilderness, so she got some ropes and then proceeded to calm them down and get them under control as best as she could. She then removed the dead severed horse head that was dangling from the 2nd horse and set him free. He seemed to be a very happy horse and very happy to be free from the extra weight of the other severed horse head.

Elie noticed that the 2 horses needed water, and she did not know the layout of the farm or where the water was on the farm, but she heard the sound of running water so she led the horses toward that water sound. She saw a mini-waterfall in the grounds and lead the horses there. She did not know if the water coming through this mini-waterfall was good or not for the horses, so she took some of the water and smelled/tasted it first. The horses thought it was good water, so they started drinking from the waterfall in the ground.

After the 2 horses were finished drinking, she went back and tried to look for the severed black horse head that she had removed from the brown horse, but now she could not find it. the unknown person that was there with her said "Maybe a wild animal took it." The dream ended with her and the unknown person still searching for the severed horse head.

Note: In the 1st dream it just had horses and she did not know the colors of the horses, but in the 2nd dream was the same dream but she now knew the horse colors were white, dark brown, and the severed head was from a black horse.

in Christ,
JayD
Gold Member

Re: Elies Horse Dream

Post by JayD »

Hi. This is quite an old dream and realize your wife may realize what it is about already, i was just quite fascinated with this dream and wanted to share some impressions.

Free-spirited was the term that came to me regarding the horses.

It may be that these are free spirits or souls that are rumming free and wild and need some guidance and nourishment / living waters, but instead of that, some are being weighed down by a spiritual force that has had it's head severed, like legalism or a doctrine void of the Holy Spirit.

I'm reminded of Paul covering this topic with the church of corinth in regards to spiritual gifts. Also, of Peter speaking of not using our freedom to do evil, but to do good. Paul also speaks that although we are free, we dont want to do things that will hurt vulnerable consciences. We now are to live as bondservants of the Lord and his greater law of love powered by his Spirit.

The ranch may be a place where these free-spirits can find living waters flowing, and can learn the benefits of being tamed to be useful bondservants of the Lord; a place where they won't be weighed down by dead doctrines that only lead to more captivity to sin.

It may be that the wild animals that may have taken the severed head may be those not realizing that it is dead.

The colors on horses I have less of an impression, but wondering if the white and brown colors may have to do with spiritual and natural aspects of life.

Hope that helps some. Wonderful dream either way. It does appear that she is open to seeing and serving. She sees the need and steps in, wanting to help these spooked horses that are in need. Sometimes that's all it takes, a willing heart, and to keep our hearts before the Lord.
JayD
Gold Member

Post by JayD »

One more thing, this is often how I see service to the Lord. We go about life and something touches our hearts and we step in to see what we may be able to do. And. God can step in from there as He sees fit.

Basically, the engaged heart.

I think i just got an answer to my factory dream. Maybe I don't need to be concerned about losing my job for not doing it, but just continue to go about my business until my heart is touched and if i am willing, step in and see what the Lord does.

We don't have to be perfect, just willing for the right reasons.
JayD
Gold Member

Post by JayD »

Actually, Galatians 5 may say it best, what i see anyway.

Galatians 5:
So Christ has truly set us free. Now make sure that you stay free, and don’t get tied up again in slavery to the law.

2 Listen! I, Paul, tell you this: If you are counting on circumcision to make you right with God, then Christ will be of no benefit to you. 3 I’ll say it again. If you are trying to find favor with God by being circumcised, you must obey every regulation in the whole law of Moses. 4 For if you are trying to make yourselves right with God by keeping the law, you have been cut off from Christ! You have fallen away from God’s grace.

5 But we who live by the Spirit eagerly wait to receive by faith the righteousness God has promised to us. 6 For when we place our faith in Christ Jesus, there is no benefit in being circumcised or being uncircumcised. What is important is faith expressing itself in love.

7 You were running the race so well. Who has held you back from following the truth? 8 It certainly isn’t God, for he is the one who called you to freedom. 9 This false teaching is like a little yeast that spreads through the whole batch of dough! 10 I am trusting the Lord to keep you from believing false teachings. God will judge that person, whoever he is, who has been confusing you.

11 Dear brothers and sisters,[a] if I were still preaching that you must be circumcised—as some say I do—why am I still being persecuted? If I were no longer preaching salvation through the cross of Christ, no one would be offended. 12 I just wish that those troublemakers who want to mutilate you by circumcision would mutilate themselves.

13 For you have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters. But don’t use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature. Instead, use your freedom to serve one another in love. 14 For the whole law can be summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”[c] 15 But if you are always biting and devouring one another, watch out! Beware of destroying one another.

Living by the Spirit’s Power
16 So I say, let the Holy Spirit guide your lives. Then you won’t be doing what your sinful nature craves. 17 The sinful nature wants to do evil, which is just the opposite of what the Spirit wants. And the Spirit gives us desires that are the opposite of what the sinful nature desires. These two forces are constantly fighting each other, so you are not free to carry out your good intentions. 18 But when you are directed by the Spirit, you are not under obligation to the law of Moses.

19 When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear: sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division, 21 envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other sins like these. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

22 But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!

24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there. 25 Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit’s leading in every part of our lives. 26 Let us not become conceited, or provoke one another, or be jealous of one another.
JayD
Gold Member

Post by JayD »

Another addition;

I'm wondering if the spooked aspect may speak of those spooked by organized religion in a negative sense.

I don't see that very clearly because the dream can apply to several things. I feel more impressed with what is actually happening in regards to what I know of the Word, but not so much as to the specific situation.

If these dreams are about church or organized religion in the negative sense, then this may be about those that have broken away from that due to being spooked by what they encountered there and are now running free and wild. Your wife helps to free those weighed down by dead doctrines and helps them to find living waters, but now they need to grow in being tamed as a product of growing in love.

Basically, the difference in being bound by dead doctrines vs bondservants of God's love. We just want to ensure we, after helping free them, don't weigh them down again by more dead doctrines.
JayD
Gold Member

Post by JayD »

Oh, here is an example of dead weight that puts an unnecessary burden on us.

Real life example i went through today.

They tell you that you need to forgive and don't harbor bitterness, but when people look to put the full load on you and don't mention that it takes two to tango, they can do you more harm than good.

Now, let me say that i do believe that to look to our relationships with others first is a mistake and a trap. We need to look to our relationship with God first. Even so, even while holding us accountable to Him first, God does not ignore the role others play in contributing to our condition and also does hold them accountable.

We are all learning and growing and wounds will come of it from time to time. Having a wound makes you vulnerable to infections. They try to invade and it is a normal part of the process, bacteria / bitterness trying to invade and infect us when we are wounded. Just because we may feel it at the time, doesn't mean it has infected us. If we have an immune system up to the task, it will rid the body of bacteria.

We then begin to heal. The bitter feelings are long gone, but then the person returns, and for whatever reason, probably due to their wounds that have yet to heal and the enemy taking advantage of that, they then come and rub salt in our healing wound, opening it up again and making us vulnerable to infections once again.

So then you eventually get tired of getting wounded and say enough is enough, my wound has to heal, and you put up some boundaries, maybe even a wall, and others, whether intentional or not, can weigh you down with, Forgive and don't be bitter". They'll load you up with guilt, even if well intended. That is, if you don't realize what is going on.

And I realize the devil is behind a lot of this stuff and we do we need to effectively deal with him, just speaking of our role.

Don't you just love when someone does something to hurt you and if you are not receptive to them for awhile, they come with that, "You have to forgive."

It's like a double whammy.

Yes, we are to give forgiveness freely, but trust is earned and i have every right not to unlock my door to you until i know you have not come with a loaded gun ready to use it when you are triggered.

I'm ready to go running off in the wilderness myself, LOL.