Called Again

Archives for 2010
servant
Diamond Member

Called Again

Post by servant »

This morning when I was snoozing and resisting the urge to get up and start my day, I heard my husbands voice (he was sleeping next to me) call me loud and clear in a commanding voice. It wasn't my dh IRL, since he was sleeping next to me and I "heard" the voice in my head, though loud and clear.

Could God have been wanting me to get up and I was resisting, so he got my attention? Or could it have been something else?

This is not the first time I have heard my name called loud and commandingly. The first time it was in another language, but I knew without any doubt it was my name and God was calling me. Any insights, please? Should I have jumped up or something? How should I respond (1st time I said, "Yes, Lord?") ?

Bless you!
Mary
Teb
Gold Member

Post by Teb »

reminds me of when God was calling Samuel and he thought it was Eli, God called him 3 times and he perceived it was GOD!

I think God is calling you and like Samuel said "Here am I, for thou callest me."

1 samuel 3
servant
Diamond Member

Post by servant »

Teb: This may in fact be the case...so how do I find out what he wants? The first time I was called I tried something like you said, but I didn't hear anything in response. Then one time, I heard a loud knocking on what sounded like a very large wooden door and I said, " Come in Lord!" Then nothing in response again.

Should I seek out someone with the gift of prophesy or something to prophesy over me? What would he be calling me for? I do my best to pay attention to my dreams and to try and understand them, but is there something more I can do?

Thanks for your assistance...and anyone who wants to add something, you are welcome to.

Bless you,
Mary
Jubilee2
Gold Member

Post by Jubilee2 »

Hi Servant,

If I heard the Lord calling me and I did not know what He wanted, I would get on my knees and begin to pray. He will make it clear why He is calling you.

At one time in my life, I used to hear knocks on my door, and I got to know after a while that it was the Lord waking me up to pray. You possibly could save the life of someone by praying them out of danger. I would pray in tongues until I felt the release. By praying in tongues, the Lord could even tell you why He was calling your name.

Blessings,

Jubilee2
Teb
Gold Member

Post by Teb »

He will reveal his purpose to you in time. I think all he wants at this point from you is a yes. Yes to his will, it will probably be something that will take you breath away at least that is how I felt when he finally told me to go out an do radio ministry. I made up every excuse in the book and just didn't believe He was talking to me.

Hang in there he will surely reveal himself to you and His desires for you.
servant
Diamond Member

Post by servant »

Jubilee2: Thank you, I will start that the next time. I will remember to begin praying.

Teb: That sounds really exciting...I will let him know it is, "Yes." We are in the middle of looking for a new place for my dh to minister, who knows what he will provide, but I know it will be great.

Thanks for the encouragement, I can't wait to find out what he is calling me to. (Or US to.)

Be blessed!
Mary
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

Along with the other suggestion and the reference to Samuel, maybe it's a system check? lol, you know to let you know your "hearing" equipment is working just fine especially if you think you may be missing Him in some area. You recognized His voice, knew it was Him and I think it is encouraging that when He calls, not only will you know it, your spirit will respond automatically! Shalom:)
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.
servant
Diamond Member

Post by servant »

Wow, that is a cool thought, keilani! Thanks for pointing it out...does help with the "resting in Him" part.

Bless you,
Mary