lizard

Archives for 2010
Yukon
Diamond Member

lizard

Post by Yukon »

I was approached in a dream by this man and he had a maroon face and it looked like a lizards face. It was weird.

Yukon :shock:
And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall recieve.

Matthew 21:22
Pearls of Wisdom
Site Moderator

Post by Pearls of Wisdom »

I looked up the etymology of the word, "maroon."

Etymology 1
Derived from the Spanish "cimarrón", meaning "fugitive".

Noun
maroon (plural: maroons)

1.Maroon — descendants of former escaped slaves of the Caribbean and the Americas.
2.A person who has been marooned
Adjective
maroon

1.associated with Maroon culture, communities or peoples.
Verb
maroon (past and past participle: marooned)

1.to abandon in a remote, desolate place, as on a deserted island.
Pearls

Happy is the man who finds wisdom, and the man who gains understanding.
Yukon
Diamond Member

Post by Yukon »

Pearls of Wisdom wrote:I looked up the etymology of the word, "maroon."

Etymology 1
Derived from the Spanish "cimarrón", meaning "fugitive".

Noun
maroon (plural: maroons)

1.Maroon — descendants of former escaped slaves of the Caribbean and the Americas.
2.A person who has been marooned
Adjective
maroon

1.associated with Maroon culture, communities or peoples.
Verb
maroon (past and past participle: marooned)

1.to abandon in a remote, desolate place, as on a deserted island.
do you have a meaning for lizard?
I went into a snow ski type store and all of these women were flocking towards this guy as some popular man. I remember one lady said he was a movie star. I don't watch TV or movies, so I'm not sure who he was. He had what looked like gills on each side of his face and some sort of pointy thing coming down from his head between his eyes. It was very weird.

Yukon
And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall recieve.

Matthew 21:22
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

Pearls...interesting re maroon...

Yukon...

lizard
"an animal resembling a serpent, with legs added to it" [Johnson], late 14c., from Anglo-Fr. lusard, from O.Fr. lesard (fem. laisarde), from L. lacertus (fem. lacerta) "lizard," of unknown origin, perhaps from PIE base *leq- "to bend, twist."

...cold blooded came to mind...

In scripture lizards are also associated with spiders in various translations and it is the list of unclean "creeping things" in Lev 11:29,30 also note:

Proverbs 30:28

a lizard can be caught with the hand, yet it is found in kings' palaces.

grace
charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

Hi Yukon,

This is like pearls last definition listed.

1: to put ashore on a desolate island or coast and leave to one's fate
2: to place or leave in isolation or without hope of ready escape

Not sure if this will fit, discard if not please.

I see this maroon face as a way to gain attention from or seduce women. (gain empathy due to deep wounds real or imagined)
Movie stars can also be called idols. Hes popular and women worship him?
This creature is tough skinned, can easily adapt to land, water or maybe even the desert. Cold blooded- Uncaring of others, just interested in its own survival.
I guess hes talented and an athlete..and likes to fly down slippery slopes, taking his entourage with him?
Most reptiles need something to keep them warm.
It looks like this maroon face really works for him, even if its something he can easily shed.

Piano
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

Hi all,

I am pretty interested in this lizard man. I think I was a bit off with the cold bloodedness for a few reasons...because this is a combined warm blooded and cold blooded animal/person.

The aspects of humaness are obvious..walking on hind feet, communication, and the ability to remain active even in cold climate.

The aspect of the darkening of the face is like lizards that change a darker color in order to absorb more heat in the sun, thus raising their metabolism. When they heat up too high, they do the opposite. They will lighten their coloring. My first thought about the maroon face was actually open shame.

I was brought to mind this scripture as well.

Acts 9:17,18
And Ananias went his way and entered the house; and laying his hands on him he said, “Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus, who appeared to you on the road as you came, has sent me that you may receive your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit.” Immediately there fell from his eyes something like scales, and he received his sight at once; and he arose and was baptized.

Because I see this lizard as dangerous, I question if there is redemption for him.
He apparently evolved into this creature...is there a way back?
Can his scales be removed, and his heart brought back into warmth....to be on fire for God, and leave his idols behind?

Piano
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.