Smoking A Cigarette

Archives for 2010
servant
Diamond Member

Smoking A Cigarette

Post by servant »

What could it symbolize if I asked for a cigarette from someone and then I proceeded to smoke it by taking long drags and pulling the smoke down into my lungs and holding it to make sure I could feel what it feels like to smoke. I don't remember what it felt like in the dream, but I remember I almost finished the cigarette while two people were watching and waiting on me.

Thank you for assistance on this. I did a search but couldn't find anything to reveal what smoking a cigarette would mean.

Blessings,
Mary
ReBorn
Diamond Member

Post by ReBorn »

smoking cigarettes gives the smoker a false sense of comfort
His word was in my heart like a fire,
a fire shut up in my bones.
I was weary of holding it in
& indeed, I could not----Jeremiah 20:9
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The Lord is my Shepherd
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

ditto to reborn. Also heard it could refer to pride but for me personally, it was a comforting thing i used to turn to when stressed. Even back in the day, I would notice people tend to smoke more when worried or stressed; their way of dealing with the external stressors.
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.
servant
Diamond Member

Post by servant »

I have to admit, I have always wanted to try just one cigarette to see what it feels like. But I am too chicken and I don't like it when others smoke around me since it makes it hard for me to breath, so I just wouldn't do it. Anyway, I have kids and in my heart I feel it would be a sin. Even though my dh says it's not.

Thank you for the ideas. Not sure how the false sense of comfort fits in, but I will ponder it more. Maybe I have been putting my trust in things other than God...I will have to think on this.

Bless you both and thank you for responding!
Mary
ReBorn
Diamond Member

Post by ReBorn »

Below are the New Testament texts concerning the Comforter (The Holy Spirit).

JOHN 14:15-17: "If you love me you will obey what I command. And I will ask the Father and He will give you another Comforter to be with you forever - the Spirit of Truth. The world cannot accept him because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him for he lives with you and will be in you."

JOHN 14:25, 26: "All this I have spoken while still with you. But the Comforter, the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you."

JOHN 15:26: "When the Comforter comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father, he will testify about me."

JOHN 16:7,8: "But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Comforter will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. When he comes he will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment...."

JOHN 16:13-15: "But when he, the Spirit of Truth comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own, he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. He will bring glory to me by taking from what is mine and making it know to you. All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will take from what is mine and make it known to you."

hope this helps :wink:
His word was in my heart like a fire,
a fire shut up in my bones.
I was weary of holding it in
& indeed, I could not----Jeremiah 20:9
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The Lord is my Shepherd
servant
Diamond Member

Post by servant »

Thank you, ReBorn. Very good verses!

Bless you,
Mary
A Warrior's Heart
Diamond Member

Post by A Warrior's Heart »

I had a cigarette dream in the past that I remember clearly and what I got from it was influence. Are you being influenced by something or someone wanting try something you've never did before. Perhaps the dream is literal and it's as you said a dream where you are interested in knowing how it feels to smoke a cig. What were the reactions of the two people watching and waiting as you finished...this cld give you more knowledge about the dream.
"The grass withers, the flower fades, but the Word of our God stands forever." Is 40:8
servant
Diamond Member

Post by servant »

Hi, A Warrior's Heart.

I can't think of anything at this time where I might be tempted to do something I have never done before, especially nothing SINFUL.

But, I have thought that maybe I had this dream from a TV episode I watched where this man was a 4 pack a day smoker. Maybe that's where this dream came from.

Thanks for your help!!

Bless you,
Mary
servant
Diamond Member

Post by servant »

I forgot to answer your other question.

The other people seemed to be waiting with a little impatience but not bad. Like, could you hurry up already. Like they didn't care for me smoking, but weren't condemning me for it, just wanted it to be done, we had things to do.

Thanks!