Serving Meat

Archives for 2011
A Warrior's Heart
Diamond Member

Serving Meat

Post by A Warrior's Heart »

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I'm just wondering what meat could mean in this dream

I was at the dining table with a friend and his sister. It was dinnertime. There was some meat (oxtail) and rice on the table and I asked the person if he wanted some. He said yea obviously he was hungry. So I dished some out to him. I remember feeling like a server or waitress and I wasn't too happy about it. I remember thinking like ..."ugh am I gonna do this for the rest of my life?"
"The grass withers, the flower fades, but the Word of our God stands forever." Is 40:8
Elle

Post by Elle »

Hi AWH,

Is this guy a boyfriend, prospective boyfriend ??? Are you thinking you'd like to marry him?

Just asking, because that's the sort of attitude I'd have to someone who wasn't right for me. If it was a guy I liked, it wouldn't be so much of a deal.

Keen to hear your thoughts.
A Warrior's Heart
Diamond Member

Hey Elle

Thats what I was thinking too. That is the attitude a person would have towards someone that wasnt right for them. And he is a friend that I grew up with and really admire. Had a lot of dreams concerning him and marriage. A lot of the dreams are about commitment.

It's just that in this one I was feeling like I was a server, yet I still wanted him to be satisfied with the food.
"The grass withers, the flower fades, but the Word of our God stands forever." Is 40:8
Elle

Post by Elle »

The other side of it could be that he IS right for you, but is he someone who'll just sit back and let you do all the boring work, while he reaps the benefit. A lot of older men are like that. Then they're surprised when their wives leave them after 30 years and won't consider reconciliation. That's easily fixed if you sort this stuff out at the beginning.

OR ...

It could be that you fear that this is what married life is for a woman, when in fact, may not be like that at all, with this particular person.

I'm not getting a word of knowledge or any specific insight for you ... but was definitely leaning towards the thought that this is more something for you to work through, than what may happen in reality.

You may have guessed that I've had to work through these issues myself :wink:

I have a few couple-friends where the husbands do all (or most) of the cooking and cleaning - because they enjoy it and aren't hung up on Victorian ideas of male and female roles. Thank God the world's changing.
A Warrior's Heart
Diamond Member

" A lot of older men are like that. Then they're surprised when their wives leave them after 30 years and won't consider reconciliation. That's easily fixed if you sort this stuff out at the beginning."

LOL at that one! Thanks so much Elle. Taking in what you've said, because I've had my doubts. Praying that I receive more clarity concerning this

May God increase your discernment Elle
imavessel
Diamond Member

Post by imavessel »

Not trying to beat a horse or anything . . . and Elle- think you're gifted! . . . :)

I would really get quiet with God and ask about this.

Reason: I don't think that husbands should be up here and wives down there . . .

But God created the way a family would work best.

& Women, even strong women . . . who have tasks and jobs and ministry things of their own, still --- are given to that man and are supposed to be helpmates. Not a weak position, or one without weight or authority. - But one that helps complete the other and vise versa. Like two part of a puzzle that make a complete picture.

Could be God is asking you, . . . "If this man is this way, are you willing, with right attitude, to "serve" him?" Indicating that there is a heart or attitude that you struggle with . . . that perhaps has kept you from this position coming into fruition.

Could also be God showing you that you could be in that position---- and probably would "serve him" but that you would not feel the fulfillment, wondering "Is this all I am to do the rest of my life".

I don't know you.

Don't know what you have or are going through other than what I have read here.

But I would pray and get with Him on this. It would be so easy to see yourself and just accept one of the two scenerios . . .

& When we go by our feelings, we will always lean toward the way we want it.

Could be that way. Could be though, that He is trying to get you to see and be sure one way or another----

So you either "let go" . . .

Or you commit to what He has for you-----

Whatever that is. Or Whoever.

??????????????????????????????????????

Of course, whatever the Holy Spirit says no to, TOSS. :)

God bless! *I know He has . . . . :)
God isn't looking for perfect vessels, simply willing ones . . . :)
imavessel
Diamond Member

Post by imavessel »

A Warrior's . . . .

Could also just mean that God wants you to give Him some word . . .

the true sustenance and life . . .

COuld be you were contemplating things with this gent' that God really never intended (or hasn't brought forth yet) . . . but He was directing or asking you to serve him----His meat . . .

And you were wondering if that was all you were going to do the rest of your life, . . . .anotherwards . . . is that all I get to do God? Find ways to serve them/him? when maybe your expectation or desire is to have that marriage or relationship or whatever . . . .

(It's many different things for all of us. :))
God isn't looking for perfect vessels, simply willing ones . . . :)
Jehu
Diamond Member

Post by Jehu »

Often rice represents marriage.
"For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee."
A Warrior's Heart
Diamond Member

To be honest, I don't even see or speak to this person on a regular basis. Mainly just a childhood friend.

"Could also just mean that God wants you to give Him some word . . .

the true sustenance and life . . . .."

Vessel, in agreement here....I wait til the Lord reveals how this will happen.... I know it's very easy to be swayed by feelings. I try not to get caught up emotions. On the other hand was thinking he could be symbolic of the people that I need to serve...in regards to ministry.

Thanks to you and jehu for your thoughts. Definitely going to continue praying and seeking God on this....interesting bit about rice usually being marriage