pants

Archives for 2011
piano
Diamond Member

pants

Post by piano »

Hemmed at the bottom meaning and rolled up cuff at bottom meaning.
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
eyes.enlightened
Platinum Member

Post by eyes.enlightened »

Piano,

Dunno, just a thought, like rolling up the sleeves and ''go to work", could mean, rolling up the cuff--"getting in deeper".

PEACE AND LOVE +
BlueRose32
Gold Member

Post by BlueRose32 »

I thought of Psalm 139:5 when I read this- "You hem me in--behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me."
He who walks righteously and speaks what is right, who rejects gain from extortion and keeps his hand from accepting bribes, who stops his ears against plots of murder and shuts his eyes against contemplating evil-- Isaiah 33:15
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

Thanks for responding.... I have not sent back because I did come to some understanding.

The dream was odd, but I think in this particular instance the rolled up pants were being at rest/relaxing. (feet up kicking back, but in work attire)

In this case hemming the pants would have been conforming to something I was not interested in taking part in, (striving for a promotion that would give me some power I didn't care to have) and would have been something that would end in confinement, rather than safety in God's protection.

Peace,

Piano
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.