helicopter, bed, car

Archives for 2012
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

helicopter, bed, car

Post by TexasTransplant »

Hi! Help! :)
Last night I dreamed my husband, 2 sons and I were standing in the kitchen and I heard a very loud, helicopter flying over. They didn't hear it at first but then we all glanced up through a sky-light type window in our kitchen (which we don't actually have) and saw it go by. We ran outside to get a better look and it was a HUGE helicopter flying very low carrying (with one of those long cords from the bottom) a mattress and then a car just below that. It looked like the car would touch the ground and be driven almost by the helicopter, but it didn't touch. There was a also a huge airplane higher up, but I could only recognize it by its 3 lights. (Ha! Just figured that one out I think!)
Then we walked to the house next door and I got mad because my husband opened a window on the side of their house and looked in. There was a baby crib in there. Then I ran home out of embarrassment :)
You didn't choose me, I chose you.-John 15:16
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

I'm thinking the 'helicopter' segment of the dream is Him stressing something He's been teaching me really loudly this week...that He is in control of everything--my ministry and my walk with Him. He's made a beautiful point to show me this twice in real life this week. Once at the crisis pregnancy clinic I counsel at and once at a bible study I'm leading. As if to stress the point that it is ALL by HIS power and timing...not mine. I've also noticed the level of intimacy I'm sharing with him growing to a new level lately. I think this is the helicopter, bed, car on a cable message. Loving this :)

I'm still a bit puzzled by my 'husband opening the neighbor's window' part of the dream. I'd love some thoughts on that. I will add that I have OFTEN dreamed that my sweet husband is taking us to old houses we've lived in and using his old key to get us in to stay the night or use it for a hotel. I am super super uncomfortable with his 'trespassing' in these dreams. And it's just dawned on me that that is the term I use in the dreams..."We are trespassing!'' I'm reading all the 'trespassing' verses I can find. I'm still unsure of the point of these dreams. Is it about forgiveness on my part? I'm praying about it :)
wellstravisa
Silver Member

Post by wellstravisa »

I totally agree with you, God is in control. In your dream about your husband I saw that he seems to be that thing that isn't in your control either.

Possibly something that your husband does in IRL that you feel is embarrassing, or that you don't have any control over :?:

Here is a little example of a good friend of mine, this is probably very different from your marriage. He was an IV drug user for 45 years before Jesus set him free. His wife though still gets drunk all the time. Even though this is the case, God uses him mightily to ministry and help others that have been bound to drugs. I would have thought that his ministry would be weakened because of his wife, but here he is doing the work that God has set before him, regardless of any embarrassment and regardless of what anyone else thinks.
Job 33:14-18
For God does speak—now one way, now another—
though no one perceives it.
15 In a dream, in a vision of the night,
when deep sleep falls on people
as they slumber in their beds,
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

Nice! That's good stuff :) I really needed to hear that. It's bothering me right now that God is doing things in my husband's life that I have prayed for a long time (begged for), but they seem to be happening in the oddest order! I assumed things would happen for him similarly to the way they happened for me, but God seems to be accelerating these things for him. I'm super happy and thankful they are finally happening and they have always been the desires of my heart, but it's, frankly, freaking me out that these things are coming about so quickly. And he's 'skipping steps'! haha! Definitely all about control. Thanks for your insight!
wellstravisa
Silver Member

Post by wellstravisa »

I had been praying for my wife for a long time as well. When were in a church service, the pastor was talking about the tabernacle. My wife said "I have always wanted to know about that!" I was talking with God and said this doesn't make sense to me, this is not what I think she needs to know, or the way I think she should go about it. Then I was hit with the thought, That seems to be what God is wanting to talk to her about, so I should rejoice and jump on board with what God is doing with her, even though I don't understand it. I was trying to be God for her. So I stepped back and said Jesus I don't want to get in the way of what your doing with her.
All the anxiety I felt left and I said wow!! :mrgreen:
Job 33:14-18
For God does speak—now one way, now another—
though no one perceives it.
15 In a dream, in a vision of the night,
when deep sleep falls on people
as they slumber in their beds,
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

Just wanted to update you on what's happening and let you know how RIGHT you were about this dream!! Last night my husband and I attended a leadership training meeting at our church because we were asked to start leading a couple's small group. Of course, I don't see how he's ready to lead something like that yet but God has assured me during prayer that this is His plan and I should just let my husband lead it and watch how He works through this. Thought I was doing such a good job trusting Him until my husband blurted out some comment in the meeting that had me wanting to hide under the table! He misunderstood what someone else said about being a 'servant' to others. I instantly remembered this dream and what you said about me wanting to control him :) If it weren't for this dream and this site, I'd be freaking out right now. haha! Thanks!