A Sign?

Archives for 2012
servant
Diamond Member

A Sign?

Post by servant »

I am not sure where to post this...but as I was waking up a week or so ago, God told me, "Pick a sign." :shock:

I would like to know what you think this might mean and what the sign might be for. I have several ideas and I have asked Him. He is so good!! I am just so excited!

Thank you and blessings!
Mary
The shepherds have become stupid,
they have not consulted Adonai.
This is why they have not prospered,
and all their flocks are scattered.
Jer. 10.21
shine
Diamond Member

Post by shine »

I think he has communicated with you on a level you will understand! Hope to hear more about this!
Jesus is the Saviour
servant
Diamond Member

Post by servant »

Thanks, Shine! I believe you are correct. I will understand when it happens. Can't wait!

Blessings,
Mary
Jer. 10.21
Realisticdreamz
Diamond Member

Re: A Sign?

Post by Realisticdreamz »

servant wrote:I am not sure where to post this...but as I was waking up a week or so ago, God told me, "Pick a sign." :shock:

I would like to know what you think this might mean and what the sign might be for. I have several ideas and I have asked Him. He is so good!! I am just so excited!
Mary
Hi Mary :)

Maybe it is nothing but I thought I would share it anyway. I read this before and wasn't sure about it. Then while studying today I ran across verses in the Bible and your post jumped out at me. Most likely because "the sign" is mentioned...

Deuteronomy 6:4 “Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one! 5 You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.

6 “And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. 7 You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up.

8 You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.

9 You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

I hope it helps! Keep pressing in, believing in and standing on His promises DESPITE the trials in life; do not grow weary in doing good and in due season, you will reap if you faint not. There is a great deal to be excited about! :D

Praying for God to pour out His blessings, guidance and protection for you and your family, in a new way; more and more with each day.
With love in Christ,
Annette

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21
Are we conforming into the image of Christ; or trying to conform His image into ours?
servant
Diamond Member

Post by servant »

You are such a blessing, Realisticdreamz! Thank you! Those are great verses and very cool since we have been going to a messianic synagogue.

Bless you!
Mary
Jer. 10.21
Demon_Buster
Diamond Member

Post by Demon_Buster »

Hi servant
Quote "Pick a sign." I feel it is the Lord asking you to pick a sign to do something , like this is the sign that you will know I am GOD.

by picking the sign and using it you will know then when the lord will use it to teach others , and use that time through you .

Luke 2:12 This will be a sign to you: .. -
"This will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger." King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.) And this shall be a sign unto you; ...
Isaiah 37:30 "This will be the sign for you, ...
"This will be the sign for you, O Hezekiah: "This year you will eat what grows by itself, and the second year what springs from that. But in the third year sow and ...
Jeremiah 44:29 "'This will be the sign to you that I will punish you in
'This will be the sign to you,' declares the LORD, 'that I am going to punish you in this place, so that you may know that My words will surely stand against you for ...

Blessings
Realisticdreamz
Diamond Member

Awesome Mary! I have some friends who also enjoy the messianic synagogue... there are some really good messianic Rabbis today. Truly His Spirit is poured out upon all flesh and He is doing mighty things and especially with the Jewish today. I hope you guys are happy there and your husband is blessed there also.

And as the verse says; if we just do this one thing; great things happen! ;) You know it is interesting that the scripture references the Lord twice... I think Jesus, the Messiah, was also referenced here. It was repeated by Jesus several times and I think verse 8 is saying that the works of our hands will be blessed and full of "signs" of the Lord by heading them -- works of the Lord. Also, to guide our minds [between the eyes, on the "fore" head]. The Hebrew word "frontlet" comes from the root word meaning, to go around and bind which ties in with the scripture what is bound on earth is bound in heaven.

H2903
טופפה

ṭôphâphâh [to-faw-faw']
From an unused root meaning to go around or bind; a fillet for the forehead: - frontlet.

Matthew 16:19 And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”

Hoping you and your family are able to both grow and be a great blessing where you are. Praying He blesses your works and you see the signs of His Holy Spirit moving all around your hands. Share the praise reports! :D
With love in Christ,
Annette

Are we conforming into the image of Christ; or trying to conform His image into ours?
servant
Diamond Member

Post by servant »

Demon_Buster, I believe you have a good thought-thank you. This could mean He is asking me to pick a sign that when I see the sign it means that something has come to pass or has changed, or it is the time for us to go out in our calling-that we are ready. Maybe something along those lines?

Sounds good to me.

Realisticdreamz, we are happy there (at the Messianic Synagogue) for now, though we know we don't "belong" there, at least for long. He (God) told us to "stay on the porch". This may have a figurative reference to Solomon's Porch, as in learning or teaching, and we have been doing some of both. Though, even our new friends there have sensed the fact that we won't be staying long. He has plans for us soon.

I also was told (by Him) that I could quit my job on Feb 23rd, well that is not even 2 days away. Of course, I wasn't given a year, but I feel that something is definitely changing soon.

This morning I awoke from a conversation with Him and He was saying something about the fact that we were supposed to be elsewhere (as in some city) and my response to Him (before I was fully awake) was "Then move us Lord." I want to be where He says we should be. If that means some other city, then I want Him to move us there.

I am going to ask tonight where we are supposed to be and what He wants us to do to remedy the situation.

Thank you all, you are so helpful and a real blessing to us!
(btw - We saw another short leg grow out last night!)

Grace and mercy be on you!
Mary
Jer. 10.21
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

Hi servant,

Some thoughts for your discernment...discarding or keeping.

This post was brought to mind again as I read one of my morning prayer scriptures. (The original thought when I looked at this post- Luke 11:27-32 was the scripture)
I asked Him what He might mean by telling you to pick a sign, because Jesus is the sign for this generation?
Choosing Him is something you did a long time ago.
Luke 11 covers so much important territory.
So I was wondering, if maybe this has to do with the signs seen on the road, and how He allows us to make choices along the way?

I believe there are times He knows I will yeild and He gets more accomplished through me then, while He has the chance. :wink:
Even my NOT yeilding is a part of the path that He knows about in advance, and can use to His benefit on down the road.

I wash, rinse, and sometimes repeat. :s54:
His seal upon me remains in place, because of what He did.

Peace,

Piano
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
LadyinChrist
Diamond Member

Post by LadyinChrist »

Servant,

Do you remember what you were praying for the night before these words were spoken to you?

The reason I ask is because "pick" could be the sign.

Do you play guitar or an instrument that requires a pick?

Lady
servant
Diamond Member

Post by servant »

Piano, your post is encouraging. I am counting on Him knowing all and using my failings to still accomplish His will in our lives. Thank you!

LadyinChrist, sorry, I do not remember what I was praying for the night before, and I don't play any instruments, just sing. Interesting thoughts, though. Thank you!

Bless you both.
Mary
Jer. 10.21
Realisticdreamz
Diamond Member

Dear Mary,

I was just thinking of you and trying to find the scripture I was looking for, for you when you posted here. I am responding to also your other post about needing confirmation. I feel your frustration and I am sorry for your suffering.

I can understand your feelings and position, I too have been there. But you can be sure that His timing is perfect even though it is hard to see it at the time. We can be sure that He is at work; putting things in order on our behalf. Sometimes other things have to take place first and sometimes He has to change and prepare us before we are moved. The most important thing to do is be patient and trust Him. It's when we try to help Him, trying to make things move faster that we have the most regrets.

Sometimes we can be so fixed and focused on wanting out of a situation or to move to the next stage that we can mix what we are to do at the moment. Live for Him and learn from Him in every situation.

Faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things no seen! Therefore true faith takes patience and trust in the Lord; regardless of how things appear or how long it seems to take for Him to move us... but keep believing.

“Whom have I in heaven but You? And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You. My flesh and my heart fail; But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.” Psalm 73:25-26

But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Hebrews 12:12 Therefore strengthen the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees, 13 and make straight paths for your feet, so that what is lame may not be dislocated, but rather be healed.

James 1:2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 4 But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.

Anyway, sorry I could not help more but keep your chin up, give Him your pains and just absorb His never ending love and comfort.

Don't forget to stop and smell the roses and see the beauty around and if you do not see this, make some :) ... shine in the Light of Christ wherever you go! Do not listen to the lies of the enemy and allow the enemy to put a wedge between you and your husband, steal your joy and convince you that you are being held back... wait on His timing and it will work out exactly as it is meant to be. Sometimes we do not see this until hindsight. Know He has a plan for you guys!

Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the LORD! Psalm 27:14

Lord, bless, strengthen and encourage Mary and fill her heart so full of your love and comfort that it cannot be contained and overflows. Amen. I will be praying for you and your family! Be encouraged and know that His wisdom does not compare to man's and His plan and will is perfect for you! God bless you and your family :!:
With love in Christ,
Annette

Realisticdreamz
Diamond Member

P.S. Keep walking as a Child of the Most High... and speak and expect miracles; being a vessel of the Holy Spirit. For every lie the enemy whispers, speak the appropriate Word of God against it yielding your sword and fully armed with the Armor of God!
With love in Christ,
Annette

servant
Diamond Member

Post by servant »

Realisticdreamz: Thank you for such an encouraging post! You are so right about God and his timing and everything. I do trust him and know it will all work out for his glory.

A few days ago he told us to fast for 1 week. So we started this morning. The longest I have ever fasted is 3 days, so this will be interesting...but I know I can do all things through him who gives me strength. I would rather have him than food anyway! Course, the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak. I am going to speak to the temptations this week with "Man shall not live on bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God." I have found that quoting the Word really gives victory over temptation.

I feel an excitement growing and I am anticipating what he will speak to us this week.

Bless you so much for your care, your prayers, and your loving heart! I will keep y'all posted!
Mary
Jer. 10.21
discerning
Site Admin

Post by discerning »

will be keeping you in prayer throughout the week, servant

blessings on you and your beloved

expecting great things,
discerning

I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning...
Ezekiel 3:17