The Cosby Family

Archives for 2013
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

The Cosby Family

Post by TexasTransplant »

Dreamed I was watching the Cosby Show (haven't seen it lately nor thought about it.) I was in their living room watching this episode unfold. First I saw the whole family, the Huxtables :), posing for the intro together. I noticed Bill C. looked SO young to me and I commented on that. Theo (the brother) was very young, younger than I recall him ever being on the show. There was emphasis on the 'family', so I believe that's the theme of the dream. In this episode, Rudy (the youngest) had a friend over. This friend was a little white girl that I understood to be rich and spoiled. She annoyed me and was bragging to Rudy and her parents about different trips she'd taken and things like that. She walked over to a table and grabbed 3 bowls of popcorn and took them back to the living room to the floor where she and Rudy were sitting. The parents and Theo were on the couch. I assumed they were getting ready to watch a movie together. I noticed one bowl of popcorn was piled high and the kernels were glued together like a stage prop. I reminded myself then that I was watching a performance, not real life.

The little girl started to say something about people that worked for her family and how they had to go get them or find them. There was emphasis on her saying they were 'Mexican' and 'black' and about skin tone. It sounded like she was talking about having to do this tomorrow and I felt offended by her comments (IRL I am white, but I sympathized more w the Huxtables here.) Rudy interrupted the little girl and said,"But I'm black!" The little girl was stunned and didn't believe her. Then Rudy said,"I'm also a boy! You didn't know that?!" I was shocked myself that Rudy was a boy and could have sworn she'd been a girl on the show (she is). I looked at her again and realized she was a boy after all. There was a sense that the girl and Rudy were breaking off their friendship and Cliff and Claire were happy about that. There was also a sense the the family was very successful and they were never expected to be. The last scene was of me standing over a dirty stainless steel sink thinking I would squirt soap all over and clean it.
You didn't choose me, I chose you.-John 15:16
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

Post by TexasTransplant »

Thinking over this again I believe our family is being mirrored here. It's possible 'Rudy' is one of our sons and Theo is the other. The little spoiled girl would be a spirit or a type of personality my son has toyed with or tried to take on lately. I'm really encouraged that Rudy breaks off their 'friendship' in this dream.
You didn't choose me, I chose you.-John 15:16
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

TexasTransplant wrote: The little spoiled girl would be a spirit or a type of personality my son has toyed with or tried to take on lately.
It could be the spirit of oppression, offense, and bullying or what is known as the Saul spirit. If so look into your arsenal to combat these spirit types.