Colorful caterpillar/butterfly dream

Archives for 2013
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

Colorful caterpillar/butterfly dream

Post by TexasTransplant »

Unresolved snippet of a dream from two nights ago. I can't stop thinking about it and want to figure it out.

Dream:
My husband and another person I don't know performed a heist at a bank. They stole $1 mill. They had the money in a large, fancy, leather man bag. The dream started just after this had occured. Hubby zoomed by to pick me up in a convertible that had the top up and told me everything. He was wearing very bright, colorful tennis shoes and a jogging suit. He looked ridiculous, like a rainbow colored rapper. I think I thought 'Eminem' when I looked at him. (IRL he is quite the opposite type.) I was aware he and the accomplice were dressed this way because they'd needed to spend the money on expensive things so that it wasn't on them if the cops showed up. The clothes were a way of laundering the cash somehow. I kept wrestling with the thought,"This is wrong, so wrong, and you know it in your heart," but I supported him because he was my husband.

I hopped out of the car and went inside a dress shop. I found beautiful purple shoes with gold and silver straps and a matching dress. I wanted the shoes so badly but they cost $100 and I was worried about what others thought, even though I could afford them. The sales girl commented on the shoes and I said,"They're so cute! And they have gold AND silver in them!" I thought they would match every kind of jewelry because of this. (IRL I'm not a shoe/jewelry kind of girl like some)

Next scene I'm holding my phone up standing with my hubby trying to watch a video. I'm playing the video in slow motion trying to capture something specific in order to snap a photo of it. It's very dark, a young girl holding a large, furry, stuffed animal type caterpillar but it was alive. I'm watching its eyes in slow motion. I notice it has beautiful orange glowing eyes and I pause it to look closer. Because it was dark I wondered if it wasn't a caterpillar after all but a huge Monarch butterfly.
You didn't choose me, I chose you.-John 15:16
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

Let me add that the eyes were large and detailed, almond shaped and 'wise' looking. Not necessarily small, beady evil eyes. They were orange, but that made me think 'orange monarch butterfly'.
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

Not sure about the hubby part, but the last scene is about my identity. Eph 1:18 is my devotional verse today...
"Enlighten the eyes of my heart so that I may know the confident hope he has given to those he has called- his holy people who are his rich and glorious inheritance. "

I think that seen is saying,"Look, you're not a worm, you're royalty." :)
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

Yes that's what I got from the purple shoes :-)
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

Oh right, I didn't think about the shoes. Nice.