Love my hymnal

Archives for 2007
crystalclear

Love my hymnal

Post by crystalclear »

I had this dream a few nights ago but haven't been able to get on here since then....

"

My parents had bought a set of hymnals from a yard sale. One of them had my name in the top right corner. All the rest just had the name of the manufacturer in the same spot. My parents said I could have the one with my name on it.

In the very next scene I am in my church, in front of everyone with that very hymnal singing the song "Step into the water"....(when my parents handed me the hymnal I searched for that song and was overjoyed to see it was in there). After I was done singing, I was sitting in the pews watching other people on the stage doing plays and other performances. All the while I was holding my hymnal as close to my chest as I could so I wouldn't lose it. The over all "feeling" in my dream was that I was very happy.

Now I can't get the words to that song out of my head. Even when I just woke up it was still going in my mind.....

"Step into the water, wade out a little bit deeper
Wet your feet in the water of his love....
oh step into the water, wade out a little bit deeper,
come join angels singing praises to the lamb of God

Its time we the people, stand up for what is right
Its time we squared our shoulders back and we raised our swords to fight
The Bible is our weapon, the Spirit is our shield
The church needs more of its members to be working in the fields..."

I really think God is saying something to me but I can't figure out what it is. My initial thought would be there is some kind of work he wants me to do, but if thats true then what work?? where?? any ideas????"
Blessings
Platinum Member

Post by Blessings »

Well... He's called you by name. Have you stepped in a little deeper?
WingsofHealing
Platinum Member

Post by WingsofHealing »

Where are you going to sing and when?
May we ALL FIND the healing in the Lords wings and be still to absorb all we can.
gloryhis
Platinum Member

Post by gloryhis »

Praise Jesus Crystalclear,

Beautiful dream! I don't want to limit what God may mean in this dream, but my feelings are that he is calling you out from among them. What I mean is this: Your name was on the hymnal, that makes it personal a personal intimate relationship with Jesus. Whereas the other hymnals had the name of the manufacturer on them. This brings to mind praise that is manufactured by the flesh verses the spirit. Not given from a personal relationship,like your name was, but just the name of the company.

As you finished singing, proclaiming the words of this song, you watched what I feel was an example of the manufactured praise. plays and performances.

You held onto your hymnal close to your heart. Amen. I feel God is saying stay close to him, intimate and personal, step out deeper into the living water even when others are not. The end of the song says God needs workers, he needs true workers, who can hear his voice because they are called out( by name) and set aside for that purpose.

In Jesus love,
gloryhis
Jesus Is Lord!
crystalclear

Post by crystalclear »

Thank you for your responses. I have been thinking about what you said about me being called by name....WOW! thats a pretty awesome responsibility!!

I have been trying (and failing at times) lately to let myself go completely and trust Him in some very tense situations....in the times when I was successful I have seen the wonderful results already and that does motivate me to try even harder after the times when I have failed to trust him and tried my own way.

I do feel I am in a period of growth right now. I can feel changes inside that are definitely not physical...=)

I had another dream recently that I am wondering if it might be conected to this in some way. I don't remember many details, I just remember that I knew there was a bad storm coming and I was busily preparing my house for it. I was securing things and getting loose things tied down and so forth.