star pendant

Archives for 2009
JM
Bronze Member

star pendant

Post by JM »

Ok, last night I had a strange dream, I have had similar dreams before but a couple of things really stood out in this one, and I do not understand the significance of them.

First a little background on me. I dated a fellow last year, for a short 6 weeks, and he went to Iraq, we have been communicating via email and phone calls since, and our relationship has been growing, we met in church and I feel the Lord led us together, however because he is in this dream I wanted to clarify that much. We have no commitment to each other yet, but we both know we are looking for the Lords guidance on this relationship. For the sake of this dream I'll call him E.

So the dream starts with me serving food at a party of some sort, it appears to be a church function at some sort of reception all. I am serving baked beans, I am impressed with the beautiful caramel color and the sweetness of the dish, and each time my pan goes empty I am refilling it. There are children of all ages and many adults lingering all around, dressed in all sorts of bright colors. E is not present at the party.

Suddenly I am no longer serving, but standing back observing the party, and E hands me a necklace with a beautiful star pendent. I mean he handed it to me from off in the invisible distance, as if reaching over the party to me. I knew he was handing it to me through space, but I did not see his face or hand, yet even in the dream I knew that the star had come out of his heart, and when the necklace got near me, it was as if there was a magnet within my chest that drew it to me, and the star was swallowed up by my heart.

Now this star was not a star shaped pendant, it was more like a stone at the end of the necklace, at first I had thought it was a diamond, but it shone so brightly that I can only describe it as a star, there was a blinding light coming from it.

I woke up from this dream, knowing he had given me something very valuable, but not at all understanding what it was, or what the rest of the dream signifies.

Any pointers would be welcomed.
Jen
Diamond Member

Post by Jen »

In your dream perhaps "E" is symbolic of Jesus.
The church could symbolize service to man.. providing them with nourishment. Though baked beans are sweet the beans themselves are protein and help build cells.. the beginning of life and the sweetness.. the sugar they need to grow..
you perhaps will be used in that capacity.. a servant for now and once that "time/test" in your life has passed then you will recieve something even greater.. the star pendant that shines forth reminds me of light to the nations.. Jesus to the nations.
Perhaps it is a call that you and "E" will fufill together. He is in a servanthood position right now as well since he is in the military.

Pray about it.
:mrgreen:
I loved the dream.. but I like shiney sparkling things. haha.

Shalom
Jen
Jen
Isaiah 62:1
For Zion's sake I will not keep silent, for Jerusalem's sake I will not remain quiet, till her righteousness shines out like the dawn, her salvation like a blazing torch
JM
Bronze Member

Post by JM »

Thank you, I had not thought of E as being a symbol of Jesus, I have had a lot of dreams come true that were with the actual person I dreamed of, so even though I know people usually are a symbol of someone or something else I just didn't look there.

I'll pray about that.
Jen
Diamond Member

Post by Jen »

well in the dream I sense that "E" has a multi level meaning.. meaning Jesus.. and also "E" in the natural..

does that make more sense?
Jen
For Zion's sake I will not keep silent, for Jerusalem's sake I will not remain quiet, till her righteousness shines out like the dawn, her salvation like a blazing torch
JM
Bronze Member

Post by JM »

My spirit witness' with the idea of the double meaning of E in the dream, but I am still puzzled with the star pendant, it was something precious that E gave me, as if he was trusting me with a treasure from his heart, it was significant that it came form his heart to mine, and that it was soooo bright......... More than the Light of Christ to the Nations, or at least more personal.....
Jen
Diamond Member

Post by Jen »

well in the marines they have a saying that is scripture "no greater love than laying down your life for your friends".
Perhaps that star is symbolic of the light of the world Jesus.. living being in the church.. which is you.. and "E" and just as Jesus loved the church, He died for her. And there is nothing more precious and intimate than that. Giving of oneself..
pray about it.
Jen
JM
Bronze Member

Post by JM »

Thank you again Jen, I feel that the double meaning is significant, and the "life force" within the pendant also.

I know understand more the meaning. It's like Christ and "E", have both given me a precious treasure, and I have been entrusted with it. Now I must be responsible to care for that "life" and "sacrifice", I must be a "steward".

So I am praying for wisdom on this.
Jen
Diamond Member

Post by Jen »

you are welcome.
I got the impression that the was very precious .. unlike any "natural" stone on earth.. more precious than the most perfect, huge diamond..
:mrgreen:
Jen
naveah
Diamond Member

Post by naveah »

Thinking that it is a call to pray for E as he is defending the nation. Also felt the star had to do with Isreal and the breastplate of righteousness there were stones contained there and when the priest would fall on his face to pray for the tribes that the stone represented the stones were pressed into the chest close to the heart.
i believe he will be pressed and imprinted close to your heart thru prayer.Possibly God is calling you as his intercessor

I too thought Jesus close to the heart the love of your life is always GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just thoughts from my heart
Naveah
And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged.Isaiah 6:7
Jen
Diamond Member

Post by Jen »

oh Naveah.. like the urim and thurim.. is that what you are thinking of? that is awesome!
perhaps a symbol of a prophetic call on your lives!
COOL!
Jen
JM
Bronze Member

Post by JM »

Wow, he had just asked me to pray a certain way for him, I had been wondering how to pray, he made the same simple request he has made 2 times before over the last year, and I called my pastor for more direction.

So that is awesome. Thank you. I do believe I know how to pray better now.
Jen
Diamond Member

Post by Jen »

that is what the urim and thurim were for.. answers..
wow JM that was a really cool dream!

and I still like it that you got something shiney.
lol I love shiney things.
Jen
Joy2dream

Post by Joy2dream »

So the dream starts with me serving food at a party of some sort, it appears to be a church function at some sort of reception all. I am serving baked beans, I am impressed with the beautiful caramel color and the sweetness of the dish, and each time my pan goes empty I am refilling it. There are children of all ages and many adults lingering all around, dressed in all sorts of bright colors. E is not present at the party.
I feel this part of the dream is representing servantude to the people. Seeing children and many colors as perhaps to many different nations or ethinic groups. I think E in this part of the dream may indicate that the people you will be serving are without the Lord and you are serving to bring them to Him.
Suddenly I am no longer serving, but standing back observing the party, and E hands me a necklace with a beautiful star pendent. I mean he handed it to me from off in the invisible distance, as if reaching over the party to me. I knew he was handing it to me through space, but I did not see his face or hand, yet even in the dream I knew that the star had come out of his heart, and when the necklace got near me, it was as if there was a magnet within my chest that drew it to me, and the star was swallowed up by my heart.

Now this star was not a star shaped pendant, it was more like a stone at the end of the necklace, at first I had thought it was a diamond, but it shone so brightly that I can only describe it as a star, there was a blinding light coming from it.
I do believe E is representing Jesus to you in the dream. Stars are sometimes symbolic of angels/messengers, however I am seeing this star or light as the Light of Jesus. Remember the Damascus Road experience Paul had where he saw Jesus as a Light. I think that Jesus has make a beautiful deposit in your heart. What He has put there may be a passion for what He is going to call you to do.
I woke up from this dream, knowing he had given me something very valuable, but not at all understanding what it was, or what the rest of the dream signifies.
Jesus has given you something very valuable indeed. I don't know how else to describe it except maybe as a small piece of Him, deposited right into you heart.

This is a beautiful dream, ponder, pray and cherish it. It will come to past. Pray over my interp and for more understanding of the dream and your call to ministry. We all have a call.

Blessings,
Joy
JM
Bronze Member

Post by JM »

Thank you Joy, I will continue to pray about this. It does confirm some things in my heart also.