Saving Drowning Children - Repost

Archives for 2009
butterflywings
Gold Member

Saving Drowning Children - Repost

Post by butterflywings »

1/9/09 Saving Drowning Children

Dreamnt that this great wall of water came and filled up this pool like pond or lake and the children where piled one on top of the other and I kept reaching down and grabing there hands and pulling them out one by one.

I kept yelling for people to help me that it wasn't too late but we needed to hurry. At the end I saw we saved all the children.

This lasted for a time cuz every time I reached down there was another hand reaching up for me to grab. I kept saying there's more keep going, help, hurry.

One lady I know from church IRL was lounging on a summer chair sipping on a drink relaxing and wasn't helping. I thought it odd but just kept focusing on helping the children out.

We did one last check on the pool and dove all the way to the bottom and could see that just a few supplies where left and we tried to recover what we could.

At the end I realized my son was in this house that went underwater too and I was hoping he made it out safely so I went to check on him. I was praying surely I didn't save all these children and my son not be spared, please Lord. I didn't actually see him but someone said he was ok.
Last edited by butterflywings on Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jen
Diamond Member

Post by Jen »

this was a dream I believe about the church as a whole, in America.
Many have departed from the faith.. and God is raising up people to reach out.. in love to his children..some will heed the call, some will not.
Jen
Isaiah 62:1
For Zion's sake I will not keep silent, for Jerusalem's sake I will not remain quiet, till her righteousness shines out like the dawn, her salvation like a blazing torch
Charys
Diamond Member

Post by Charys »

I don't know why, but this dream really resonates with me. It's so similar to many of mine -the children, the large number of children, the flood, the urgency, concern for my sons.....

I am watching this thread with great interest!
...that I might know Him...
JM
Bronze Member

Post by JM »

I also dream often of helping or saving children, not so many at a time, but 7 to10, small groups or one at a time. I also will be watching this to see if there is anymore interpretation and to see what I can learn.
butterflywings
Gold Member

Post by butterflywings »

Children = God's People

40.Exodus 3:10 (Whole Chapter)
[Psalm 105:26; Mic 6:4] Come, I will send you to Pharaoh that you may bring my people, the children of Israel, out of Egypt."

41.Exodus 3:11 (Whole Chapter)
But Moses said to God, [Exodus 6:12; 1 Sam 18:18; Isa 6:5, 8; Jer 1:6] "Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the children of Israel out of Egypt?"
graphite412
Silver Member

Post by graphite412 »

William Booth tells a story about drowning children. He is the founder of the Salvation Army, if you don't already know about him. You can find the story in the audio sermons on sermon index's web site. It's called Rope Wanted. It is one of the most moving short stories that I have heard. If you try to find it and can't, just let me know.
Jewels-inhisheart
Diamond Member

Post by Jewels-inhisheart »

Could this have anything to do with that plane crash going down? The people are adults but to God we all are ' children" and the place did crash into water....
naveah
Diamond Member

Post by naveah »

40And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him.

41Now his parents went to Jerusalem every year at the feast of the passover.

42And when he was twelve years old, they went up to Jerusalem after the custom of the feast.

43And when they had fulfilled the days, as they returned, the child Jesus tarried behind in Jerusalem; and Joseph and his mother knew not of it.

44But they, supposing him to have been in the company, went a day's journey; and they sought him among their kinsfolk and acquaintance.

45And when they found him not, they turned back again to Jerusalem, seeking him.

46And it came to pass, that after three days they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, both hearing them, and asking them questions.

47And all that heard him were astonished at his understanding and answers.

48And when they saw him, they were amazed: and his mother said unto him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing.

49And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?

50And they understood not the saying which he spake unto them.

51And he went down with them, and came to Nazareth, and was subject unto them: but his mother kept all these sayings in her heart.

This scripture came to me as I read your post
Naveah
And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged.Isaiah 6:7
butterflywings
Gold Member

Post by butterflywings »

thought I'd repost since someone else had similiar dream
posted as: Chidlren falling from a high cliff

in that dream the children fell into water
charlie
Diamond Member

Re: Saving Drowning Children - Repost

Post by charlie »

butterflywings wrote: At the end I realized my son was in this house that went underwater too and I was hoping he made it out safely so I went to check on him. I was praying surely I didn't save all these children and my son not be spared, please Lord. I didn't actually see him but someone said he was ok.
For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whoever believed on him might not perish but have eternal life...john 3:16

Interstingly...in your dream someone who should have been hard at work with you was sitting in a deck chair...oh no...am I'm jusging wrongly to say it made me think of the rise in christian cruise ship mentality...I know so many Christians who seem to spend their lives cruising round the world spending their time and money on that which does not last....

....aaaargh....help us Lord to find that place of grace and joy in serving you obediently...

very significant dream for you....what role do you have in the kingdom?

charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
butterflywings
Gold Member

Post by butterflywings »

I personally have been stuck in a transitional place for some time now. I've been trying to be patient for the Lord to reveal whats next for me.

I too have eyes wide open to the "evils" our children are exposed to or are participating in. I am sickened in my spirit for them.

I personally just try not to "be judgy" of them and just love on them and accept them just as they are and trust the Lord to change them and use me how he sees fit.

This has been a trying time for me with my 18 year old daughter. Watching the choices she is making and knowing the spiritual consequences. I just keep pleading the Blood and asking for GRACE thru this time as she searches for things in her life.

I don't know bout you but I had my time and GOD KEPT ME! Oh thank You Lord for keeping our children ALSO!

Trying not to hold my breath while this process takes place...It took a while for me...it may take a while for them. Lord give Us parents grace as we watch and see what You Oh Lord God will do and help us to make the right moves that you have for us not only to our natural children but also the spiritual children you place in our lives! GRACE, GRACE and more GRACE oh Lord!
ArisenShine
Diamond Member

Post by ArisenShine »

In the dream you were actively engaged in 'reaching out' to save the kids...'one by one'. Could that represent that your calling and gifts are geared more towards one-on-one type ministry, as opposed to large groups/sheparding?
Also it was a very 'hands-on' type of thing, meaning perhaps a close personal overseeing/involvement (of individuals). Maybe as a mentor?

Similarities between this (your) dream and mine (Cougars on the Property) are:
1)In yours there was a church-lady who was just living in ease and unconcerned. In mine, the 'parents' were in the house, not watching, and weren't concerned, either, that the kids were in danger. (until it showed up right at their door)
2)In your dream you seemed to be given a particular role in the rescue, which was (as I mentioned) very hands-on. In mine, my role seemed to be to (watch/see, and) alert the 'parents' and snap them out of their apathy.

hope that helps abit
Lee/ArisenShine
Consider the lilies....