Pork Chops

Archives for 2007
Joy2dream

Pork Chops

Post by Joy2dream »

Maybe it was all the cooking for Thanksgiving. I had this just as I was in the "twilight stage" of awake and asleep on Thanksgiving evening in the recliner after everyone had gone home. And no I didn't have any pork chops for dinner. :mrgreen:
(opps there was ham in my green beans and my aunt sent me some greens (yum) she had already seasoned with pork. Turkey was the main meat.)

Dream: I was putting pork chops in the oven for Thanksgiving dinner. They were arranged evenly on a cookie type baking sheet.
As I was kneeling to put them in the oven a ball type object was tossed over and landed flat by my foot. On the ball type object was printed the word "rejoice". The word was facing sideways on my right. The ball type thing did not bounce, roll, ect. No sound in the dream.

Note: Using "ball type object" because that's the best way to describe it. It wasn't an actual ball. It was about the size of a soft ball. I didn't see who threw it. It came from my right.

Blessings,
Joy
eagle
Platinum Member

Post by eagle »

I think this is based on the prophetic words that have been spoken that we need to start now and thanking and rejocing in the Lord. Lots of words this season about thanksgiving. This may be God saying don't forget to or wanting you to stay focus on that attitude.
Many nations will come and say, "Come and let us go up
to the mountain of the LORD And to the house of the God of Jacob, That He may teach us about His ways And that we
may walk in His paths." Mic 4:2
Lucy
Bronze Member

Post by Lucy »

What came to me is that we are not under the "letter of the law" anymore (the fact that you were cooking pork). Because of Jesus we can rejoice because we are now under grace. The fact that the pork chops were arranged evenly makes me wonder if you sometimes think things need to be perfect. (I know I sometimes struggle with that)

I don't know but in case I'm on I thought I would share :oops:
Joy2dream

Post by Joy2dream »

Eagle,
I had thought about it may be a reminder to rejoice and give thanks. Also this Thanksgiving has been a time of inner healing for me and by His Grace I made it through. I am rejoicing in Jesus! :mrgreen:

Lucy,
I also thought about the Jews not being able to eat pork, hmm maybe He is pointing out freedom. I was thinking cooking swine, that sounds yucky. It could be that the Holy Spirit is pointing out victory and that I should rejoice! :mrgreen:
Perfectionist? Me? I don't know what that has to do with the dream, lol, but yes. I'll have to think on that now. I am trying to do better, tho.

BTW Please don't be afraid to post anything to my dream, just step out and put it there. That's how you learn.

Bless yall,
Joy

(edit:fixing typo :wink: )
jewel

Post by jewel »

Joy-

I remember reading some things about glory balls being thrown about as gifts, but I don't remember from whom nor when exactly.... just that it is fairly recently (within the last month or so). I felt that your dream was about being given a gift of rejoicing, and you can celebrate that and enjoy it in anyway you wish..... it is your gift. Freely given, so that you can freely share with others. There isn't anything you needed to do to earn it, it was literally just given to you.

I know this may sound strange, but I was thinking of the pork being like porky pig on the old looney tunes cartoons.... he was the one that was always happy almost ignorant of the bad things going on around him. The fact that this pork was being served to others, was a picture to me of sharing the gift of rejoicing that you've been given with other people that might not see reason to rejoice so easily.

You know what to do if this doesn't bear witness.... just HUG me and ditch what I said... :lol:

GBU!!
jewel
ArisenShine
Diamond Member

Post by ArisenShine »

It seems that the ball is now in your court. (meaning..it's your turn to act, to do something?)

That what keeps coming to me from your dream.

Lee
Lee/ArisenShine
Consider the lilies....
Joy2dream

Post by Joy2dream »

Glory balls? Sounds like Patricia King, huh. I'll have to go over there and see what she is saying. I don't remember the color of it, I think rejoice was in red. I'm pretty sure is is about getting my rejoicing going. I did a few things this Thanksgiving that probably cooked a few "swine". I see where you're going with Porky. I often do that to people just to trip them up. I'll be sick, blowing my nose and coughing and associated junk and they ask me how I am and I tell the WONDERFUL. Everyday I tell them I'm wonderful, lol.

He's cooked :mrgreen:
I remember reading some things about glory balls being thrown about as gifts, but I don't remember from whom nor when exactly.... just that it is fairly recently (within the last month or so). I felt that your dream was about being given a gift of rejoicing, and you can celebrate that and enjoy it in anyway you wish..... it is your gift. Freely given, so that you can freely share with others. There isn't anything you needed to do to earn it, it was literally just given to you.

I know this may sound strange, but I was thinking of the pork being like porky pig on the old looney tunes cartoons.... he was the one that was always happy almost ignorant of the bad things going on around him. The fact that this pork was being served to others, was a picture to me of sharing the gift of rejoicing that you've been given with other people that might not see reason to rejoice so easily.

You know what to do if this doesn't bear witness.... just HUG me and ditch what I said... :lol:

GBU!!
jewel

Blessings,
Joy
Joy2dream

Post by Joy2dream »

It seems that the ball is now in your court. (meaning..it's your turn to act, to do something?)

That what keeps coming to me from your dream.

Lee
Yep, I heard that also. I like the rejoicing part, but the ball in my court, I don't know if I like that or not.

Bless ya,
Joy
discerning
Site Admin

Post by discerning »

Well....fwiw (like it or not :mrgreen: ) 'the ball's in your court' was my first thought upon reading your dream.

However, 'pork chops' really caught my attention. Did a little digging tho I'm a bit hesitant to post the result. :| Butttttt....since it's you-and I trust you to take it to Papa-I'm gonna step out on a limb here. I believe this may be about a financial windfall.

rejoice,
discerning

I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning...
Ezekiel 3:17
Joy2dream

Post by Joy2dream »

Praise Jesus!! I receive that!

Blessings,
Joy
Joy2dream

Post by Joy2dream »

Bumping, I am beginning to see the word rejoice everywhere. I know it is a common word for the holidays, but I'm seeing it in the book I'm reading, ect.
Janice
Gold Member

Rejoice!

Post by Janice »

meat = oven = bake

This could be saying... get on fire! Hebrews 12:29 for our "God is a consuming fire."(NIV)

Philippians 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!(NIV)

A continuing praise unites fire.

Great Balls of fire! LOL
"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up."
Joy2dream

Post by Joy2dream »

lol - could be Janice.
Time to rejoice for Joy.
mightyrhema
Silver Member

Post by mightyrhema »

i hear "bringing home the bacon". LOL sorry... tis what i heard. :) blessings to you for sure!
Joy2dream

Post by Joy2dream »

LOL, I believe you did hear that.
Bless ya,
Joy :mrgreen: