The Harlot Babylon

Archives for 2007
Blessings
Platinum Member

The Harlot Babylon

Post by Blessings »

I had a very short vision. I saw a woman dressed in a bikini top. She was sitting like a mermaid. I only saw her top half. Her bikini was gold trimmed. I knew immediately this was the Harlot spoken of in the book of Revelation. She didn't look like I pictured her. She was old, and I had imagined he in robes. Everything about her was old and worn looking. Could this mean anything?
dbliss22
Platinum Member

Post by dbliss22 »

a
Last edited by dbliss22 on Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Psalms 144:1
prayingwoman
Gold Member

Post by prayingwoman »

As far as I know, the harlot of Babylon which is also the city of Babylon (Rev. 17, 18) stands for the spirit of religion. Religion is not a new thing, so it sounds logical to me, that she looks very old. For the gold trimmed bikini have a look in Rev. 18, 16, where it says that the city of Babylon is decked with gold.

All God’s people were called to leave the city of Babylon; that means to me, God wants us to leave every religious system.

"And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities."(Rev. 18, 4-5)

Every church can become a “city of religion”, even the charismatic churches (this is my own experience). Why God should say that to His own people (not to the unbelievers!), if there wouldn’t be any real danger for them to become part of such a system?

Please don’t understand this as an invitation to leave your church, this is not my attention. The Lord called me out of my church because of religion (through that verse I quoted above and through a confirming dream), but this is not the way for everyone (even if one has found out, that there is some religious stuff in his or her church).

But what the bible says about the harlot of Babylon and her great fall and her coming judgement of God is a warning for every believer to stay away from religion.
Search me, O God, and know my heart, try me, and know my thoughts. And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. (Psalm 139,23-24)
WaitingforHim
Diamond Member

Post by WaitingforHim »

yes yes..I agree Praying woman...I am seeing this same spirit in operation myself much lately..and also I am at a crossroads I feel and am waiting for direction...
This spirit is old but unfortunately very much still real...
WFH
Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
christianfireman
Silver Member

Re: The Harlot Babylon

Post by christianfireman »

Blessings wrote:I had a very short vision. I saw a woman dressed in a bikini top. She was sitting like a mermaid. I only saw her top half. Her bikini was gold trimmed. I knew immediately this was the Harlot spoken of in the book of Revelation. She didn't look like I pictured her. She was old, and I had imagined he in robes. Everything about her was old and worn looking. Could this mean anything?
This certainly might be symbolic of the harlot of Babylon. But without additional supporting images in your dream, I just can't say for sure.

My studies gave taught me that the "harlot of Babylon" represents "paganism", and not "religion" in general.

The actual definition of "religion" is:
  • A set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, esp. when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs
So if your dream does in fact represent the paganism of the "harlot of Babylon", then perhaps the world is now entering into an especially "pagan" period of time.

I think that (unfortunately) current world events would bear that out to be true ...
talitha

Post by talitha »

I believe that in almost every case of a Christian dreaming, including this one, the "knowledge" that the person has concerning the meaning of the dream is from the Holy Spirit.

I agree with what prayingwoman said concerning the dream and the spirit of religion.

The phrase "spirit of religion" is fairly new, but the spirit has been at work for ages under other names or at times under no name at all. Jesus dealt with this spirit in his "Woes" to the "Scribes, Pharisees, Hypocrites" in Matthew 23.

blessings
tal
christianfireman
Silver Member

Post by christianfireman »

talitha wrote:I believe that in almost every case of a Christian dreaming ...
And that's the key word there .... "almost".

Because if we don't leave a smidgen of caution as it regards all things spiritual, then we could easily open up ourselves to the deceit of Satan (maybe even as a test from God if we are putting too much emphasis on our dreams).

It's a valid point of spiritual warfare that I'll always remember.
The phrase "spirit of religion" is fairly new
And seeing that if any "spirit" is not of God then it is by default pagan (or maybe even Satanic). That "spirit" had existed even long before New Testament times.

It began when Adam and Eve were expelled from the Garden ...
Blessings
Platinum Member

Post by Blessings »

Thanks all. I am pondering this. I live in a very Pagan culture. Less than 1% Christian in my area. It is not about my church. God is doing something powerfully new there. Christian Fireman, I think maybe you put your finger on it.
Joy2dream

Post by Joy2dream »

Blessings,
The harlot is the false religion that will be even stronger during the tribulation time, so with that in mind, I see the focus is on the bikini top trimmed in gold and in her position. And her age.

The bikini top trimmed in gold of course covered her breasts. And the position she was setting (like a mermaid) was in a seductive postion.

I see the bikini top with the gold as a sign of how she will next seduce the world, with gold and promising nuturing and love. I see the position as one of seduction, as in her I am ready for you.

Now I think the Holy Spirit showed you how old and ugly she was to let you know that she isn't new, so this is not a new religion but one that has been around for centuries. Another thing you may want to search (I haven't looked) is for religions that use the colors of gold and red to adorn the chest/breast area. That may be interesting.

Why would the Holy Spirit show you this? So you would pray toward that area.

May Jesus continue to bless you,
Joy

Revelation 17:4-6 (King James Version)
4And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

5And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

6And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.