House, halfway up the lane

Archives for 2007
Blessings
Platinum Member

House, halfway up the lane

Post by Blessings »

I have had a dream repeated in various contexts. My parents' farm had a very long lane. My brother now owns the farm. In my dreams I often see a beautiful house built halfway up the lane.

Last night in my dream I was sitting at a table with my sister-in-law, who now lives in my parents old house. She was sharing with me how she wants to use the house they built for helping women who were in destitute situations. First, I wondered what house she was speaking of. Then I looked out the window and sure enough the house was there half way up the lane.

She was sharing her concerns about the women maybe not taking good care of the house. Somehow she wanted them to be trained before entering the house. However, I felt that it wasn't possible. She would just need to trust them and train them, accepting them as they are.

Just then my brother came in with a plate of food for his dinner. I took that as a cue to leave. But first I jokingly said to my kids who were there, "Oh I think uncle G needs some pepper on his steak. I grabbed the pepper pot and suddenly peeper was pouring out of the bottom of the pot. It didn't go on the steak but in my hand and on the table. I was trying to control it but there was a big hole in the bottom of the pot.That was the end of my dream.
Blessings
Platinum Member

Post by Blessings »

I just wanted to add a fact that I remembered about this dream. I remember that the dining table was a solid, light coloured wood, smooth and very well built. I admired the workmanship. It wasn't ornate but smoot to touch around all the edges. I don't know why that stood out. Also I could see the handcrafted cupboards through a large picture window in the new house.
Blessings
Platinum Member

Post by Blessings »

I would really like some insight into this dream. Particularly about the house being half way up the lane. I have had that picture in several dreams. So much so that I have to think for a while whether or not that house exists in reality.
ArisenShine
Diamond Member

Post by ArisenShine »

blessings,
It sounds like a 'halfway house' of some sort. Here's a definition:

halfway house:'a rehabilitation center where people who have left an institution, such as a hospitial or prison, are helped to readjust to the outside world.

Hope that helps,
Lee
Lee/ArisenShine
Consider the lilies....
WaitingforHim
Diamond Member

Post by WaitingforHim »

Blessings..

I think this dream is speaking to you about the women's ministry you are wanting to start...

I believe part of it is showing the concern maybe that you have with wanting experienced or trained women to help you out...and maybe the Lord is showing you to leave that part to Him...He will send the right ones to help you...and they may not be who you would think...

I also was thinking that the ministry may already be off the ground so to speak...half way there...in other words you may already be operating in the gifting that you are wanting to turn into a ministry...And it may have been started in your current church...Wondering if you are seeking maybe to establish something within the confines of the church...???

Wondering if the man you give pepper to is a brother in Christ or something that the Lord is forewarning you to apply the seasoning softly...in other words sometimes we add too much too fast....

These are all just thoughts..discard what you can't use...
Love you lots..
WFH
Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.