car going backwards

Archives for 2009
tninetyone
Silver Member

car going backwards

Post by tninetyone »

i've been having this dream a lot. I put the car in reverse to bag out of the driveway and when i try to push the brakes, they don't work. So I'm driving backwards afraid that I'm going to hit somebody.
tninetyone
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

I have had dreams of cars out of control and not being able to sop or wrecking before as well, usually those dreams meant a loss of control in my life in some area. Another thing that comes to me is a fear of what is behind you or a fear of the past so to speak and that past being out of control. Hope this helps.

in Christ,
Renewed
Silver Member

Re: car going backwards

Post by Renewed »

tninetyone wrote:i've been having this dream a lot. I put the car in reverse to bag out of the driveway and when i try to push the brakes, they don't work. So I'm driving backwards afraid that I'm going to hit somebody.
had the same dream many times myself

You can't move forward without looking backwards (your past)

Somehow you are allowing some things in your past to prevent you from moving forward.
Life without God is like a unsharpened pencil. It has no point.
Manassehs_Warrior
Diamond Member

Post by Manassehs_Warrior »

I distinctly remember having a dream a few years ago where I was driving my car, backwards, and i agree with the others -- going backwards! Not forward, not "steady", but backwards. For me, it was obvious (at the time I had the dream)... I was hurting badly but really "stuck" and while some can be stuck and be steady to a degree, I really was "going backwards.

But, pls pray and ask God for fuller revelation of course. Your dream sounds a little different in that it is normal to go in reverse to back out of a driveway. That the brakes dont work, is something else (my dream was just plain driving and going backwards!).

I dont think its abnormal to hit the brakes, go slow, when in reverse. But that u cant stop.... there is a message there. Something may be blocking u... Again, pls ask God for fuller revelation.

God bless u,

MW
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean NOT unto your own understanding -- Proverbs 3:5
Renewed
Silver Member

Post by Renewed »

That was my point too. My dreams also meant I could not stop the brakes, everytime I hit them my foot went all the way down and would not stop.
Life without God is like a unsharpened pencil. It has no point.