gravel road and sock footed

Archives for 2007
Moriah
Platinum Member

gravel road and sock footed

Post by Moriah »

This was a very short dream. Im somewhat sure on a couple of things but not sure on a others but also need some confirmations on what I think I see. Thanks and may God bless you!!!

Dream- I had ran into a pastor from another church at Wal-mart. We discussed a lot of issues(private and spiritual).

Scene changes and I am watching someone from our church talking to this same pastor. I'm there but I'm not if you know what I mean. They are unaware that Im listening(I was looking down on this). The person from our church was glorifying themselves and in some way turning the pastor against me and in favor of themself.

Scene changes again and I am upset at what happened. But then I do the strangest thing. I decide to go for a walk. I go on a country gravel road near my parents farm and begin walking in my sock feet and talking to God(I dont remember my conversation with Him). I'm thinking its going to hurt but the rocks never hurt my feet. Then I think my white socks are going to be filthy. I look at the bottoms and there is no dirt whatsoever. I wake up.
All that is within me will praise the Lord!
WaitingforHim
Diamond Member

Post by WaitingforHim »

No interp. but I wanted to comment that it seems that there is a lot of warfare and intercession right now about this same type of spirit that is lying to Pastors and Bosses and heads of things trying to persuade them into believing lies about people...Its amazing how much of this I have been seeing....

Time to pray!
WFH
Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
kimibrew

Post by kimibrew »

Just wondering if the part of 'taking a walk' speaks of your desire to travel and worship in another church for a weekend. Maybe it's about getting some refreshing/restoration for the place you're in.
kimibrew
Moriah
Platinum Member

Post by Moriah »

I can truely see what you are seeing WFH. Boy have I been praying so much more than before!!! Kimibrew-I didn't even think about this until you said what you did. Wow. I dont know if this matters or not but the pastor in whom this person was talking to was an Assembly of God pastor but I don't think this person going behind my back has ever met him before IRL. I wondered if the pastor did not symbolize someone or something else. I think the one thing I really felt confident about in the dream as maybe understand is letting the Lord cover my feet and giving it over to Him. I was so angry but I just kept walking and talking to the Lord. When I thought my walk would hurt, it didn't hurt . Ive been studying out the Lords righteousness in Romans, Hebrews, and Corinthians II mainly and preparing the sermon. It goes along with something the Lord illuminated to me. I appreciated everyone's insights and if anyone sees something else, please share. Thanks WFH and Kimibrew for looking at my dream. May God bless you!!!
new creature
Silver Member

Post by new creature »

I agree with the post by Kimibrew about visiting another church (or maybe something along those lines).

Your dream makes me think you may "look down on" visiting with another pastor, or visiting another church.

I wonder if the one talking to the pastor wasn't "the accuser" making you feel like doing just that (talking with another pastor or visiting another church) was WRONG! But he (the accuser) doesn't know you are listening the the Holy Spirit about what he is up to.

Walking down that gravel road may be "working things out with the Lord", listening to Him, sharing with Him. Doing things you thought would hurt, but won't. You don't have shoes, so you may not feel prepared....or covered....but you are because you are with HIM. Your feet are free of guilt and guile. No sin.

Since your feet are covered, I am thinking .... you are not "in the flesh".

Blessing to you in Jesus' Name!

We are one body.
New Creature
Sweet Perfume

Post by Sweet Perfume »

I'm not an expert at dream interpretation but I'll give it a try. One possible interpretation could be this.

In dreams, I think that things can be literal or they may be symbollic. It could be that someone is actually telling lies about you or that Satan is attacking you or attacking your spiritual character in some way. The solution to deal with this is to make the decision that you did in the dream, to walk and talk with God and then, none of the dirt is going to stick to you. You are going to be clean before the Lord. If it's referring to an actual attack from a person, you are going to come out looking clean and innocent. Just stick with God, tell Him your problems and lean on Him and trust Him to take care of everything and He'll defend and protect you, no matter what this 'attack' may be.
We are all helpless without God's help.

I hope this suggested interpretation helps.
Moriah
Platinum Member

Post by Moriah »

new creature I like how you and Kimibrew put that together. I am a firm believer that the Lord can show more than one meaning in a dream and that is encouraging. But Sweet perfume you see it very close to what I thought within myself. I was just sharing with someone else about learning what it means to guard my heart. I have to take everything to the feet of Jesus. I don't know why I can't get that through my thick skull at times because each and everytime I give it to Him, He works it out and all is good!!! I am still unclear on the first part. I'm not against people going to other churches so I wouldn't look down on this unless I knew they were stepping into something clearly not of the Lord. I know there is something I'm not correlating here. This person does not know the Assembly of God pastor IRL so what/who does this pastor represent? I guess I will eventually get my answer to this in time. I will pray about it and when and if it comes to pass-I will know what to do. Love you all!!!
WaitingforHim
Diamond Member

Post by WaitingforHim »

Moriah,
another thing with the Pastor is (you may have already considered this ..lol) his name...maybe the meaning is in the name or what he is known for...Like some pastors are known for their apostolic calling, another their prophetic, ect......

Just another thought for you..
I have a problem with a thick skull too!!! lolololol
Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Moriah
Platinum Member

Post by Moriah »

WFH,
Sorry I just saw your response. Well I can't remember his name IRL right now. I dont know his gifts either. I'm not much help in this. I strongly feel he may just represent another pastor in general the more I think about it. Or I thought maybe he represents something past because he pastors the same church my husband I was married in(not by this pastor). Thanks WFH and I'm sorry I'm not much help on that part. May God bless you!