The church ended.

Archives for 2007
Released
Platinum Member

The church ended.

Post by Released »

Hi all,

I dreamt I was in an big old house (that I don't know) and it seemed to have been the place where my church had met.

The house belonged to someone else.
In the dream my church had decided to "disband" (if that is the word) or end.
It seemed to have happened in agreement with the members of the church.

Some people were /had moved North and A couple from my church (who I know) were moving South. The pastor was there and he was moving too- we were all leaving the house and going our seperate ways.

I was left to pack my stuff. I opened a closet and saw some pink sheets/blankets and kind of sighed as i already had so much to pack.

I packed my stuff in black bin bags. In the dream I was"at peace' with the church ending.

Thank you

Released :)
Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
WaitingforHim
Diamond Member

Post by WaitingforHim »

Unless you actually feel this is actual...I would say its symbolic for ending as you know it to be...in other words where ever there is an end there is a beginning for something new...The pink and blue blankets made me think of babies...new births. And of course blankets can also mean coverings...

Wondering if there is going to be an end to some kind of way the church is moving...Are they currently in disunity?? Does it seem that everyone is going in their own direction??

Wondering if that is why you were at peace...because this will finally be resolved...and wondering if the Pastor will still be the Pastor when all is said and done..??? Or if some of the ones that are there will still be there???

Just a lot of thoughts...lol...so just pitch what doesn't help you..
WFH
Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Released
Platinum Member

Post by Released »

Hi WFH,

Its quite a long story but my church seems to be rapidly shrinking over the 18 months. This had made me sad.

I am unhappy in my church but I don't want to go unless God tells me too.

to be honest WFH I am really unhappy at the moment at my church, it was the first church were I felt accepted/ family and now it is rapidly shrinking.
There doesn't seem to be unity in the vision of the pastors and elders: large church V small family church vision.

I also feel/ sense a lack of authenticity in the church now.

It has changed so much.

this dream has made my heart really heavy, I don't want to leave because of how I feel (emotions) but I am almost just waiting for God to allow me to go.

Released :cry:
WaitingforHim
Diamond Member

Post by WaitingforHim »

I know the feeling sis... :cry:
Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Blessings
Platinum Member

Post by Blessings »

Before I read the posts after your dream I had an initial thought about moving into missions. Moving North, South etc. Outside of your comfort zone.
Released
Platinum Member

Post by Released »

Hi Blessings,

I am moving into missions in the new year, I am going to work in High schools for a Christian Organisation, Youth for Christ here in Australia.

I suppose I was really wondering if this dream was specifically about my church or symbolically about me.

Thanks

Released