Word of the Lord for a Friend

Archives for 2007
meltot14
Bronze Member

Word of the Lord for a Friend

Post by meltot14 »

Felt a word of the Lord for one of my old roommates. I kept saying, "I have something to tell you," but each time she assumed that I was going to tell her something pointless, annoying, or a joke she already heard--and so avoided me. For some reason I couldn't enunciate that I had a word for her.
We kept appearing in different centuries: the 1200s, the late 1800s, the 1940s, and finally present-day Seattle, Washington (where we both aspire in real life to live as urban missionaries).

Finally while in Seattle, I asked her if I could tell her something, and she said, "Absolutely!" I sat/knelt in front of the chair she was sitting on, rested my arms on her knees and looked up at her.
Her hair was in an amazing up-do; she looked ready for the Oscar Awards, and her makeup was equally stunning. Her hair had this flawless gloss over it. Contrastingly (if that's a word), she was only wearing jeans and a T-shirt.
I said, "There's a sin struggle that you've been going through for years, and the Lord wants to heal you of it. You have to be receptive and responsive of it...but take heart--He WILL do it, because you are a child of God, and you WILL be receptive and responsive. He will show you who you are underneath all that gloss."
And as I said "underneath all that gloss," I picked up a nearby bottle of hair product and playfully talked in it like a microphone.
Joy2dream

Post by Joy2dream »

meltot14,
Do you think the dream below and this dream are related? Are there similarties that these two friends share or do they remind you of each other, same name, ect.

First, I had a dream that a friend of mine from where I grew up was pregnant out of wedlock--she is not or has not been in any danger of that--but she seemed reluctant to tell me who the father was.
I think the dream above could be the Lord showing you that whoever this represents is hiding something deep within their spirit. There is something growing and needing to be birthed but she is unsure of who the father is. This person could be confusing the Supernatural of Jesus with the supernatural of the enemy. Not saying she has something bad, but she may be very confused on whether or not it is of God, therefore she doesn't name the father.

Going to your other post.....

Blessings and welcome!
Joy
Joy2dream

Post by Joy2dream »

Felt a word of the Lord for one of my old roommates. I kept saying, "I have something to tell you," but each time she assumed that I was going to tell her something pointless, annoying, or a joke she already heard--and so avoided me. For some reason I couldn't enunciate that I had a word for her.
We kept appearing in different centuries: the 1200s, the late 1800s, the 1940s, and finally present-day Seattle, Washington (where we both aspire in real life to live as urban missionaries).
Finally while in Seattle, I asked her if I could tell her something, and she said, "Absolutely!" I sat/knelt in front of the chair she was sitting on, rested my arms on her knees and looked up at her.
Her hair was in an amazing up-do; she looked ready for the Oscar Awards, and her makeup was equally stunning. Her hair had this flawless gloss over it. Contrastingly (if that's a word), she was only wearing jeans and a T-shirt.
I said, "There's a sin struggle that you've been going through for years, and the Lord wants to heal you of it. You have to be receptive and responsive of it...but take heart--He WILL do it, because you are a child of God, and you WILL be receptive and responsive. He will show you who you are underneath all that gloss."
And as I said "underneath all that gloss," I picked up a nearby bottle of hair product and playfully talked in it like a microphone
I see this as a word from the Lord to the girl. Seeing the microphone/hair product as you speaking the word to her and it going through the gloss, in other words the word will penetrate the cover.

Hope this helps.
Blessings,
Joy
meltot14
Bronze Member

Post by meltot14 »

Thanks, Joy!

As for the first dream (about the pregnant friend), the girl only slightly bears similarity to my old roommate (in the Seattle dream)--in fact, they're pretty much opposites.
Although I WAS sleeping in my old roommate's bed while she was gone when I had the pregnant-friend dream...so it's funny that you ask that.
I think you may be on to something by coupling these dreams, because I am not in any way, shape, or form still in touch with this old friend....I love her to death and would love to talk to her, but she doesn't get online, and last time I had her number before I moved on to college was nearly 4 years ago.

As for the Seattle dream...praise the Lord for confirmation. I did feel like it was a real word that I was supposed to share with her in time, but I just needed more insight. In praying I felt like that sin struggle might be vanity/beauty/insecurity about appearances. I know that she has dealt with that subject quite a bit--as she is a cosmetology student at the university and has a very close walk with the Lord and is very anointed.
MelTot

::Oh, How We Want You To Come