Trees Swallowed by Ground

Archives for 2010
servant
Diamond Member

Trees Swallowed by Ground

Post by servant »

I was in the Midwest and my dh asked if I saw that, and I asked, what? He said that he saw a tree disappear. We looked and saw a roundish shaped hole in the ground with water in it.

Later I am closer to the west coast of the US with a group of ppl, possibly on a picnic. I was looking across a field and saw 3 identical trees. They had pretty golden fall leaves and the branches sort of drooped some, but NOT like a willow tree. As I was looking, the one on the right just fell into the ground. I tell the group what I saw and we start to walk over to look. Two young men run to the edge of the hole and I warn them to be careful. We look into the tree shaped hole and see that it is filled with water about 10-15 ft from the top.

I understand that the water level has risen and is dissolving the dirt from under the trees until their own weight causes them to fall under the ground. A lady says that we need to pull the water from under the ground. I say how can you remove the water from 1/2 of the country? I then decide to call the USGS and report what I had seen. The end.

Thanks for any help in understanding what this is about. May God give us understanding.

Blessings,
Mary
servant
Diamond Member

Post by servant »

I'm really wondering if the trees represent individuals or congregations, and if the ground swallowing them is good or bad. It almost seems like it should be bad, but the water makes me wonder if it represents the HS and that could be a good thing. I don't know, this dream really has me confused.

Any help and/or prayers would be greatly appreciated. DH is downstairs at this moment on the phone with a potential congregation for a place to work, but it's still in our old denomination, albeit a slightly more liberal congregation. If this is what God has in mind, so be it!

Thank you in advance for any prayerful advice/assistance.

God bless,
Mary
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

Hi servant,

The only thing that came to my mind was that the 3 trees were somehow getting more water than needed (That is the first thing that came to mind with the golden leaves..I have been known to overwater my plants.) :oops:
( God waters and makes the increase as well)
*the scripture actually says that God gives the increase..not sure why it came out this way, oh well*
but this water was underground...hidden.
So the three great trees sunk.

I wonder if this water can represent monetary resources as well as the Holy Spirit?

(3 large ministries or ministers?)

The woman who said the water needs to be brought above ground seems to be saying...let Gods Holy Spirit not be hidden, but brought into the light of day, to be used for His good purposes.

Also in the line of resources, let monies be accountable for all to see and spread out as needed.

Take or leave as needed.

Piano
Last edited by piano on Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
servant
Diamond Member

Post by servant »

Thank you Piano!! That give me a lot to think/pray about...bless you!
Mary
Jubilee2
Gold Member

Post by Jubilee2 »

Hi Servant,

Trees usually represent people as in Psalm 1, we shall be like trees planted by the rivers of water, and Nebuchanezzar was seen by Daniel in a dream as a tree.

It could be that these trees are people who will promote opposition to the plan of God.

This is what came to me from the book of Numbers:

16:28 And Moses said, Hereby ye shall know that the LORD hath sent me to do all these works; for I have not done them of mine own mind.
16:29 If these men die the common death of all men, or if they be visited after the visitation of all men; then the LORD hath not sent me.
16:30 But if the LORD make a new thing, and the earth open her mouth, and swallow them up, with all that appertain unto them, and they go down quick into the pit; then ye shall understand that these men have provoked the LORD.
16:31 And it came to pass, as he had made an end of speaking all these words, that the ground clave asunder that was under them:
16:32 And the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed them up, and their houses, and all the men that appertained unto Korah, and all their goods.
16:33 They, and all that appertained to them, went down alive into the pit, and the earth closed upon them: and they perished from among the congregation.
16:34 And all Israel that were round about them fled at the cry of them: for they said, Lest the earth swallow us up also.

It seems that you and your husband have started a new ministry and God has approved it but with that comes opposition but God Himself will deal with all opposition.

Blessings to you,

Jubilee2
servant
Diamond Member

Post by servant »

Jubilee2: Thank you! That makes a lot of sense. I pray that those who are in opposition to God's plan will recognize it and repent. I don't want to see anyone destroyed.

Thanks again for your thoughts...sometimes I find it hardest to understand some of my own dreams.

God bless you,
Mary