Huge Shoulder Pads?

Archives for 2010
servant
Diamond Member

Huge Shoulder Pads?

Post by servant »

Hello all! Thank you for helping with this.

I remember having very large shoulder pads in my shirt/dress/jacket (?). They were huge and uncomfortable. I remember trying to situate them better. They were sitting behind my shoulders, then I put them on right where my shoulders were in the middle like they were supposed to be, but they were still uncomfortable.

Could this represent holding onto something that's supposed to be given to God? Bearing some burden that doesn't belong to me instead of giving it to God? Or some type of authority I have been given?

Thank you for taking the time to read and respond.

Blessings,
Mary
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

Servant...this made me smile...i remember the 80's shoulder pad brigade!

When I think of shoulder pads I tend to think of "power dressing". Your discomfort reminded me of David's discomfort wearing Saul's armour to go and fight Goliath...maybe you are shouldering a style which does not feel right to you and you need to be allowed the freedom to wear your own battle gear?

Toss the irrelevant
grace
charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
Pearls of Wisdom
Site Moderator

Post by Pearls of Wisdom »

I know that football players must wear shoulder pads as a protective device; however they must be fitted to be comfortable. A shoulder can possibly symbolize ones ability to carry weight; bear up; authority, being a supporter, etc.
Pearls

Happy is the man who finds wisdom, and the man who gains understanding.
servant
Diamond Member

Post by servant »

charlie & Pearls: Thank you both for your thoughts. You both have given me plenty to think about.

Many blessings to you both!
Mary
Manassehs_Warrior
Diamond Member

Post by Manassehs_Warrior »

Servant...this made me smile...i remember the 80's shoulder pad brigade!
Ha, I remember that too!
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean NOT unto your own understanding -- Proverbs 3:5
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

Manassehs_Warrior wrote:
Ha, I remember that too!

oh...here they are (chuckle)
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
Manassehs_Warrior
Diamond Member

Post by Manassehs_Warrior »

:D

Haaaaa..... I had many a blazer with those shoulder pads... sometimes I would rip them out cuz they did look a bit goofy, yes.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean NOT unto your own understanding -- Proverbs 3:5
servant
Diamond Member

Post by servant »

Hahaha...I also wore my share of them. Love the pics. My problem was that I have good sized shoulders for a lady and sometimes people thought I was wearing shoulder pads even when I wasn't. Oh well!

Any other thoughts on the spiritual application? The ones mentioned make sense, but I have to say I really don't get this one...as far as applying to me. Oh well, all in good time, I guess.

Thank you all, this was a fun thread(?)!

Much blessings,
Mary
BlueRose32
Gold Member

Post by BlueRose32 »

LOL :D I always took the shoulder pads out too-- couldn't stand them :lol:
A Warrior's Heart
Diamond Member

Post by A Warrior's Heart »

Ummm..I love that you found pics of 80s shoulder pads ...lol, cracking up! But you know they are currently in style!

Servant seems like God already revealed the contents of the dream to you. When you noted that you moved the shoulder pad to an area where it was supposed to be, it may be that whatever burden you have been carrying you have tried to get used to it and adapt to it when as you said you should be giving it to God.